You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: 2019 tour date announced

PaSnow wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Looks like a tour cycle might begin in April next year

https://riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/ … a-in-2020/

Oh jeez another tour?! 10 10

I will say, the article rumors a possible UYI set in its entirety. While AFD would be more in demand, UYI would be quite an achievement playing some of those classics & sagas.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I find it hard to believe they would do the Illusions in a single set. Hopefully it’s an album cycle.

If they actually do play the Illusions, I hope Izzy is in the fold for Dust N’ Bones and 14 years.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Whats an album cycle tour? Or are you saying hopefully a new album gets released, then the tour.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

Just going on the various interviews alone, I would be hoping for a new album and tour. Axl and Caram are obviously busy with something in the studio, and an album wouldn't take that long to finish up and release.

The other option would be a novelty tour allowing them time to finish a new album, but if they do this, Slash'll probably go off and start another Conspirators record, as per one of his interviews, and this would cause further delays

I think working on another album whilst continuing the current tour would be incredibly nonsensical. The NITL tour has gone on a long time, and I can understand this from a financial perspective as it gives everyone that nest egg, and the record company money from merch. But no tour lasts longer than three/four years. Roger Waters and Garth Brooks did four year tours, U2 and the Rolling Stones have done three years tours, but that is the maximum shelf life of any tour.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I still wonder if they might not just release a Best Of with one or two new songs drawn from the Chinese Democracy material (maybe some new band remixes of the Chinese Democracy stuff they play on tour, too? GIVE ME THIS I LOVE). Crucially, stuff like Atlas Shrugged already has lyrics written and recorded. And didn't MSL claim that Slash and Duff had already recorded overdubs for that one?

That'd be a useful stop-gap while they crack on with another touring cycle and album, and it'd shut up the naysayers who claim that they're not doing anything new.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Honestly, do you think a 'Best Of' would sell anymore?  I mean, who buys CD's at this point. If ppl wanna hear Guns theyll add them on Spotify or Youtube.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

1000 a piece (before fees)for floor tickets here....hard pass.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

1000 a piece (before fees)for floor tickets here....hard pass.

Thats insane...are people buying them at these prices?

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Looks like a tour cycle might begin in April next year

https://riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/ … a-in-2020/

Oh jeez another tour?! 10 10

I will say, the article rumors a possible UYI set in its entirety. While AFD would be more in demand, UYI would be quite an achievement playing some of those classics & sagas.

I asked about it, and all I was told is that the article reflects what the promoter was told. So I am guessing, a new album is the plan, but they have a Plan B in place if it is not ready.

It fits in with what have been said before

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

A couple of interviewers also said that, off the record, Duff and Slash have both stated that there might be new material before the end of the year, but in a flippant manner.

Board footer