You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Kamala is such a raging bitch.

hmmm,  seems you like it when Trump is a bitch but you hate it when Kamala is a bitch. What could possibly explain it into the system? Why is it OK in one context but not the other? Will have to think on that one won’t we?

Is it possible that you were judging people unfairly? Is it possible that you’re not being consistent in your evaluation?

One of the cool things about not being a bleeding heart liberal is that you don't really care about petty things.  While most conservatives would prefer Trump to choose his words a little more wisely, they don't really have an issue with the message being delivered bluntly.  Frankly the message needs to be delivered even more bluntly, but certainly a little more eloquently in an ideal world.

Liberals on the other hand are a bit sensitive.  They need safe spaces where nobody is going to speak bluntly to them or tell them the truths that need to be said.  So while Trump can get away with being a "bitch" as you call it, Kamala can't.  Not because she's a woman or because she's not white as snow, but because the bleeding heart liberals don't like it.  They don't embrace toughness.

SG isn't judging people unfairly; he's acknowledging the playing field isn't the same.  You have never understood any of the differences that exist on both sides...you're too busy labeling everyone racist or sexist to even begin to comprehend any other options.  These things that make us different are actually the best thing we have going for us as a nation.  Too much of either side is bad; balance is needed because we can't survive being too liberal or conservative.  Either option would destroy the fabric of the country.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Rather than reply to one of mitch's posts since they have more or less played out, I want to hear how people that support the minimum wage increase to $15 think it's going to play out.

Will the people making the new minimum wage be able to live comfortably on $15/hr?

What will happen to the people currently making $15/hr doing more skilled jobs?

I have more questions, but lets start with what should be the simple ones.  I am not an economist, but what the common sense take tells me is this will result in people making $15/hr living the same as people currently making minimum wage; people making more will effectively have less as they will not get raises to keep the pay gap where it is based on the skill required for their roles.  Essentially what this will do (in my opinion) is keep the poor poor and bring the middle class closer to the poor. I'd love to be wrong.  I'd love to hear how this will somehow make the poor become middle class with the change, but I have yet to hear one credible person say that.

By credible, I don't mean a politician (just for clarity's sake)...

Here you want to response?

At first, maybe the first year or two,  people who suddenly make $15 an hour after making seven dollars an hour will experience a newfound buying power. However, overtime, the prices of things will adjust and essentially make an increase in the minimum wage void.  $15 of buying power will eventually become the equivalent of having $7.50 of buying power.

So it’s a temporary solution at best.

Well, the first part of your response was well thought out...then you kept typing.  I recommend shorter responses in the future for everyone's benefit.  I shortened this one to where you should have stopped to give you an example...

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

hmmm,  seems you like it when Trump is a bitch but you hate it when Kamala is a bitch. What could possibly explain it into the system? Why is it OK in one context but not the other? Will have to think on that one won’t we?

Is it possible that you were judging people unfairly? Is it possible that you’re not being consistent in your evaluation?

One of the cool things about not being a bleeding heart liberal is that you don't really care about petty things.  While most conservatives would prefer Trump to choose his words a little more wisely, they don't really have an issue with the message being delivered bluntly.  Frankly the message needs to be delivered even more bluntly, but certainly a little more eloquently in an ideal world.

Liberals on the other hand are a bit sensitive.  They need safe spaces where nobody is going to speak bluntly to them or tell them the truths that need to be said.  So while Trump can get away with being a "bitch" as you call it, Kamala can't.  Not because she's a woman or because she's not white as snow, but because the bleeding heart liberals don't like it.  They don't embrace toughness.

SG isn't judging people unfairly; he's acknowledging the playing field isn't the same.  You have never understood any of the differences that exist on both sides...you're too busy labeling everyone racist or sexist to even begin to comprehend any other options.  These things that make us different are actually the best thing we have going for us as a nation.  Too much of either side is bad; balance is needed because we can't survive being too liberal or conservative.  Either option would destroy the fabric of the country.

Bravo.  This is the best post in this thread in months.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Rather than reply to one of mitch's posts since they have more or less played out, I want to hear how people that support the minimum wage increase to $15 think it's going to play out.

Will the people making the new minimum wage be able to live comfortably on $15/hr?

What will happen to the people currently making $15/hr doing more skilled jobs?

I have more questions, but lets start with what should be the simple ones.  I am not an economist, but what the common sense take tells me is this will result in people making $15/hr living the same as people currently making minimum wage; people making more will effectively have less as they will not get raises to keep the pay gap where it is based on the skill required for their roles.  Essentially what this will do (in my opinion) is keep the poor poor and bring the middle class closer to the poor. I'd love to be wrong.  I'd love to hear how this will somehow make the poor become middle class with the change, but I have yet to hear one credible person say that.

By credible, I don't mean a politician (just for clarity's sake)...

At first, maybe the first year or two,  people who suddenly make $15 an hour after making seven dollars an hour will experience a newfound buying power. However, overtime, the prices of things will adjust and essentially make an increase in the minimum wage void.  $15 of buying power will eventually become the equivalent of having $7.50 of buying power.

Well, the first part of your response was well thought out...then you kept typing.  I recommend shorter responses in the future for everyone's benefit.  I shortened this one to where you should have stopped to give you an example...

Oh no...my little anecdote about a company that experimented with altering the minimum wage...can't see how it applies....maybe a little over your head?

I'm sorry but I do think there a many aspects of our economy that don't make sense. Sorry that hurt you...maybe you should find your safe space.

And to top it all off, you said nothing in response. You did not respond to my insights at all. This is why I get so frustrated with you guys...maybe you aren't 'sensitive' like you say liberals are...but your smug and arrogant. I understand far better than you think I do...I just find your thoughts on things to be droll and basic. It's like you're copying something off of a wikipedia page.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Oh no...my little anecdote about a company that experimented with altering the minimum wage...can't see how it applies....maybe a little over your head?

I'm sorry but I do think there a many aspects of our economy that don't make sense. Sorry that hurt you...maybe you should find your safe space.

And to top it all off, you said nothing in response. You did not respond to my insights at all. This is why I get so frustrated with you guys...maybe you aren't 'sensitive' like you say liberals are...but your smug and arrogant. I understand far better than you think I do...I just find your thoughts on things to be droll and basic. It's like you're copying something off of a wikipedia page.

It’s a smugness and an arrogance that comes from the most average, the most typical, standard class of American. And you’re surrounded by those pretty much exactly like you. There is a certain strength to numbers.

There’s no possible way you’d ever feel like an outsider. And you couldn’t possibly relate to it especially when you don’t have any care to...

How come when I’m blunt you get all butt hurt? Certain people can be blunt and certain people cannot. That’s all I’m getting from you.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

She is a condescending asshole to everyone on the stage. And she nods her head with that fake listening shit.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

She is a condescending asshole to everyone on the stage. And she nods her head with that fake listening shit.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

You can't reference something that doesn't even register on the radar and offer it as proof of anything.  How big was this company mitch?  How many people did it employ?  10?  100?  What kind of business was it?  Retail?  Tech services?  I mean it's cute that you actually tried to make a point, but it failed so mightily that there was no way to reasonably respond to it.

I understand our economy for the most part, you don't.  It doesn't surprise me that you don't, but I guess I was a little surprised you admitted you didn't understand something.  You should do that more often.

You don't know how to respond to me because I'm much better than a wiki page or CNN, Fox News, etc.  I don't watch or read any of it.  I pay attention to what is going on and (gasp) form my own opinions.  That kills you because you can't just steal a talking point from one of your liberal sources to reply.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

It’s a smugness and an arrogance that comes from the most average, the most typical, standard class of American. And you’re surrounded by those pretty much exactly like you. There is a certain strength to numbers.

There’s no possible way you’d ever feel like an outsider. And you couldn’t possibly relate to it especially when you don’t have any care to...

How come when I’m blunt you get all butt hurt? Certain people can be blunt and certain people cannot. That’s all I’m getting from you.

You know less about me than you know about other things, and that's saying something.  I am white as can be and live in a subdivision where I couldn't possibly be more of a minority.  I haven't counted but it's at least half African-American and there's Asian, Middle-Eastern, and Hispanic people outnumbering the whites.  I'm not surrounded by me at all, and that's a great thing...it allows me to understand people from other walks of life and cultures. 

My "smugness" bothers you because I'm right, deep down you know I'm right, and you know there's not a damn thing you can do about it.  You're my bitch, mitch.  That's all there is to it.  I've owned you since day one in this thread.  You think that you're smart, but you just aren't.  You have a very limited worldview and can't understand how anyone could possibly see things differently than you.  You keep grasping at straws and you keep getting buried.  It's time for you to just let it go bro.  It's over.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

You know less about me than you know about other things, and that's saying something.  I am white as can be and live in a subdivision where I couldn't possibly be more of a minority.  I haven't counted but it's at least half African-American and there's Asian, Middle-Eastern, and Hispanic people outnumbering the whites.  I'm not surrounded by me at all, and that's a great thing...it allows me to understand people from other walks of life and cultures. 

My "smugness" bothers you because I'm right, deep down you know I'm right, and you know there's not a damn thing you can do about it.  You're my bitch, mitch.  That's all there is to it.  I've owned you since day one in this thread.  You think that you're smart, but you just aren't.  You have a very limited worldview and can't understand how anyone could possibly see things differently than you.  You keep grasping at straws and you keep getting buried.  It's time for you to just let it go bro.  It's over.

Lol whatevs man...you don’t know Jack shit. You’re supremely confident and you don’t deserve to be. You’re confidently wrong.

What you don’t know i could just about got into the Grand Canyon.

Now go pat yourself on the back, bitch boi...your posts are long and boring and repetitive....LONG and repetitive.

Board footer