You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

So far Trump and Russia have been blamed for Epstein's suicide. That's the main stream media.

If you don’t like it stop watching.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

So far Trump and Russia have been blamed for Epstein's suicide. That's the main stream media.

Hillary did it with her bare hands probably.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol … /85297274/

Just a mountain of reports that Trump doesn’t pay people or pay his bills. This is ok with most Trumptards and most people on this board.

It’s cool when ‘millionaires’ don’t pay their bills.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets … li=BBnba9O

It appears trumps tactics are benefiting everyone but the US. Guess China meant it when they said they wouldn’t negotiate with a terroristic negotiator like Trump.

I know a lot of people think being an asshole is a great negotiating technique...it’s not....but that’s cool because treating people like shot is a fun pass time I’m America...especially when you don’t really care about results. There is no evidence these tactics are working but you best bet trump will be doubling down on them.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Hillary did it with her bare hands probably.

I laughed

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Has anyone else ever heard “Fredo” is an ethnic slur?  Urban Dictionary has no such definition. Ive always used it in lieu of calling someone an incompetent fuck up.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Never heard it. Seems its a Godfather reference.  Seems more a personal, isolated insult like calling a bad NFL rookie Jamarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf.

I mean, maybe calliing an italian Guisseppe or Vinnie could be a bit inappropriate, but Cuomo just seems agitated. I may be wrong, Ive never heard of Fredo as a slur, but i think movie character names are generally harmless to an extent. (I wouldnt call an Indian 'Ghandi' as an insult etc) but Fredo seems more like Michael Scott or Rachel, just breaking someones stones

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Never heard of politicians do this. Threatening the supreme court is scary. Here's a way to deal with this in an anti authoritarian way... When an election.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics … ?ocid=AMZN

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

Never heard of politicians do this. Threatening the supreme court is scary. Here's a way to deal with this in an anti authoritarian way... When an election.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics … ?ocid=AMZN

I saw that earlier, but none of the yahoos saying that have a real shot at winning. And the odds of the Dems getting the senate are on par with the GOP taking the house - maybe slightly worse.

Ginsburg came out against it, so good luck selling moderates like Manchin even if they pull off a simple majority.

We’re at the point that removing people who had their day in court and were issued a final removal is labeled as “racist”, so as much as I want a real challenger to Trump, it isn’t looking well for the left in 2020.

Randall Flagg

This doesn’t really apply to this thread, but whatevs.

I don’t think it’s a positive American media is showing people in Hong Kong waive US flags and sing the anthem. The American Revolution has been romanticized, but the people of HK have zero chance of defeating China.

Unless the EU joins the US in applying pressure, the US would be foolish to intervene - and I don’t think Trump has any interest.

The left has to swallow that a country with actual concentration camps and an abysmal human rights record is doing everything they fantasize is happening here. And they certainly can’t advocate for military action, and can’t come out supporting Trump on tariffs.  The EU won’t do dick with Russia or Iran, so them making a move against China isn’t an option.

Maybe, after the military clears out the airport in the next 72 hours, western liberals will be reminded of what actual authoritarian leaders look like. But it’s not our fight.

Board footer