You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

PaSnow wrote:

Rented Predator on NYE from Redbox. Terrible, just bad. Seemed like The A Team reboot, mixed with Oceans 11, mixed with Red Dawn or something. Just a bad movie & tried some ensemble cast mashup, not sure why. Doubt it was at all like the original but I'll have to watch it again.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Banndersnatch

Pretty cool

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I was soo let down by The Mole starring Clint Eastwood. Just a moronic cookie cutter plot with nothing extraordinary happening to pull you in. Its entirely a lame plotline that if you know what the movies about, happens as lamely as you can envision. Was surprised they were trying to push this as an Academy Award contender. Terrible. I hoped it would be epic. He was ok in it, essentially the same old grouchy guy thats in Grand Tourino.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Saw Vice, on Redbox. Good movie. Wasn't as vicious on Cheney as I expected, seemed fairly spot on imho. Wasn't anyway near Fahrenheit 9/11 in terms of a witchhunt, whether deserved or not.

What was interesting was how he always seemed like an unknown choice. Big name George W Bush, gets thru a pretty big & important GOP race, and selects relatively unknown Dick Cheney as Veep?  I guess it was done to push the GOP as a pro-military party against hippie/environmentalist Al Gore (FWIW Lieberman was always a terrible choice imho, Tim Kaine wasn't very good either).  FWIW bit of a spoiler/backstory but he was essentially Nixons/Fords WH staff (Deputy Chief of Staff, Campaign mgr etc), then they seemed to skim over him as HW Sec of Defense during Desert Storm, but then was out of politics until 2000. Didn't seem to know W at all, probably arranged by Republican higher ups. Then, well, you know the rest.

Never understood the whole Quail hunting saga, never added up but if it was something, what was it that they covered up & why??  (It was a very short bit in the movie, and admitted they didn't know of more to it)

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood is fuckin great!

Took a little while to get into realizing it's not much of a gangster movie & wondering where it'll meander, but DiCaprio goes OFF & Brad Pitt fuckin brings it. Great acting & the storyline is good too. Typical Tarantino but a bit more of a normal film than his other work, but def a Tarantino movie. Great piece.

I'd say it's my 3rd fave of his, behind Pulp Fiction & Reservior Dogs. Maybe True Romance if you count that as him, but it's up there imho. Liked it.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Yea i saw it as well..very cool movie

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I liked it, but the first 2 hours were so slow. Pulp Fiction is my favorite by far, followed by Django. This ranks right in the middle for me. The scene in the house at the end, fantastic.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I thought myb just the first hour or so was slow, and I was afraid they would only tanglibly witness or overhear 'the event'. Once Rick Daltons on set acting went into effect, DiCaprio took off, and Brad Pitt was solid on his own, both Pitt & Cliff Booth. Felt it was better than QT's middle tho, but his top few are pretty strong.

Ending was fantastic tho. Touching ending, class.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I wanna buy that shit in 4k man.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Yea   prolly my 2nd fav taratnino film...loved it

Board footer