You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Best song so far?

James wrote:

A straw poll...

Best song so far?

Atlas Shrugged 14%
Perhaps 33%
State of Grace 23%
Hardschool 28%
Silkworms 2%
Total votes: 57
A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Atlas

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Atlas all day long... there is the bones of a very good song there I think

All of them show some promise - Hard School is a perfectly adequate rocker, Perhaps sounds ok but like Axl hasn't figured out a proper melody yet - Silkworms is what it is and I can't see it working with this lineup...
State of Grace shows some promise too - seems to have an uncertain vocal from Axl again but for me its probably closest to Atlas in potential for me

I do wonder if these songs are in contention for the mooted new album? Theres definitely some good stuff. Have these been leaked purposefully to gauge the hardcore fans reaction?

Throw these in with a few Slash/Duff numbers a few Izzy collars and one or two worked up by the current band on the floor as well as the Seeker and Wichita and you're looking at proper Guns record potentially

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

Perhaps for me

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah Atlas is a real gem. It certainly deserves to be in contention now. I think it's one of the best songs so far from the Chinese years.

State of Grace is pretty rough but has potential. I wonder if they ever worked on it later or was it dropped to C list. Had it ever been considered promising it seems like it would've moved up the A list and we would've heard of it before.

Perhaps is like a lost UYI gem but it does cover similar ground as TWAT.

Silkworms is Silkworms.

Hardschool is a B side IMO.

Cowboy Buddha
 Rep: 1 

With all of these being "rough demos," Atlas Shrugged has gotten my interests.

Sky Dog wrote:

Atlas Shrugged because it really isn’t a rough demo like Perhaps is. State of Grace and Silkworms are cool but simply don’t sound anything like “Guns N Roses” to me....either does Going Down. It is a great Tommy Stinson solo tune.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Atlas and State of Grace both could be great

Sky Dog wrote:

State of Grace is pretty wicked.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

I voted Perhaps. Although Atlas and Hardschool have seen several spins from me as well. SOG was a grower. I'd be super interested in hearing a more evolved, fleshed out version.

Board footer