You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: The Rebel Disc

jimmythegent wrote:

can someone please PM

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I thought this one sounded like a Soundgarden b-side

Just listened to this for the 2nd time after listening to the other file all night.

This is their Kyle Petty, Son of Richard.

bloodyhell81
 Rep: 2 

bloodyhell81 wrote:

Pm please

Pacha
 Rep: 0 

Pacha wrote:

Can someone PM??

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

This is a great song.

Pacha
 Rep: 0 

Pacha wrote:
James wrote:

He had enough material for a balls to the wall album...no ballads.

That's true. But for some reason Axl didn't put lyrics on them. Maybe he prefers write lyrics for ballads

About The Rebel, is a good idea of a song. Sounds more rocker than almost everything on Chinese

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Would love to hear what Axl did with this vocally, it's killer! There's even a gritty dare I say 'old GNR' swagger to it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Robin talked about being tired of his song ideas being used for parts, so it's possible some of it went into another song.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

i could be wrong, but to me rebel and Oklahoma sound like something Slash would come up with. First post in a while by the way. good times to be a gnr fan, especially as a fan of the chinese democracy era as it was meant to be.. 

it`s sad to think about what could have been and to compare it with the reality and what we got officialy... but i guess axl or tommy feel the same. especially tommy. imagine you come up with and record all this great stuff and then you have people like Ron shitting all over it...

The original version of the title track is the best example. it sounds how it is supposed to sound and how i always imagined it to sound. a rock song, that couldn`t possibly kick more ass!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Holy shit... now there's a screen name I haven't seen in a coon's age.

Welcome back.

Everything you said is right on the money. The whole thing is bittersweet. All of this needed to be heard 15-20 years ago.

It should've properly run its course on a 2 or 3 album run(like Audioslave), and the Ron-Ashba years simply never exist.

Board footer