You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Tracks missing from the leaked CD's

AtariLegend wrote:

Let's not just base it on rumored titles, people attributed to mysterious articles or interviews that no one has ever read.

What titles do we know aren't on these discs in some shape or fashion, that may have been recorded later? Pending the release of Rough Mixes 2 of course?

CONFIRMED TRACKS:

Seven:

sp1at wrote:

Just for completeness sake, I'll add Brain's comments on this song from earlier in the year. It's a ballad from what we know previously.

"...we were writing all these songs to try and turn in. Xtract is sort of this old school DJ type, he’s a bass player but he loves old school break beats and you know, cratedigger type of guy. So, the shit we were putting together was crazy. We were going ‘OK what sample should we find for Axl? Well he’s sort of like Julius Ceasar’ so we were trying to sample stuff that reflected that. We were looking for old school, crazy shit and I think we sampled Ben-Hur, chopped it up, cut it up and that became a jam, I think we called it ‘Seven’."

The General:

umm... I don't know... last year Brain had this song called 'the General' that was really cool... and another song called "we were lying [not sure if thats the name he said]" ... I don't know [...] (Dizzy Reed, Sp1at, January 2006)

"One of my favorite songs is this song called 'The General', which is so... it's by far the heaviest metal tune I think ive ever heard Axl do, this slow, grinding riff with these high, piercing vocals, screaming vocals. [...] [Axl] goes, 'Well, this comes out on the third record. It relates to this song, it's a trilogy, this goes with this lyrically.'" (Baz, Metal Edge, 11/06/07)

"[Bach] says Rose told him that a slow, grinding track called 'The General' is 'the sequel to [Use Your Illusion II's] 'Estranged,' that goes to the parable that Del James wrote of the trilogy' (James penned the short story that inspired the 'November Rain' video)." (Rolling Stone, 06/25/08)

Q: @gunsnroses PLEASE! what's the name of the intro u guys use live? It's amazing!!!

A: there are several.. "the General" is probably most played before CD

(twitter.com/gunsnroses, Dec. 2010)

POSSIBLE OTHERS:

Down by The Ocean:

"In '95, Duff and me recorded songs for the band. We made a tape that went nowhere. Then, a couple of months ago I have a message on my answering machine: 'Yo! It's Axl, I need a copy of the songs that you did.' There was one called 'Down by the Ocean' or 'Down by the Sea', they may have used it, I haven't come back to know nothing." (Izzy, Popular Magazine, 2001)

That was 2001. Axl said just confirmed the title in 08 and that it was attributed to Izzy in brackets. He didn't actually say they didn't use it.

POSSIBLY ON THE CDs UNDER A DIFFERENT NAME:

Ides of March:

[...] 'Ides of March' was a working title of one of the songs that came from a loop name that Dizzy came up with: I think they kept the name, but it's been years so I'm sure everything has changed by now." (Dave Dominguez, Sp1at, 02/07/05)

Sounds like Circus Maximus on rough mixes 4 (not confirmed) and it was recorded years prior.

So we have The General/Seven and maybe Down by the Ocean, what else?

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

‘Leave Me Alone’ was a semi confirmed title at one point?

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

Didn't Axl mention a track named Cuban Skies in the chat?

Vale

Vale wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I think that was the working title for Soul Monster

AtariLegend wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

There's a 99% chance it's Me, Myself and Evis on Rough Mixes 4, AKA Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul or Soul Monster.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah it's Elvis.

How about Zip It, Cock A Roach Soup,etc. These titles from the early years so we might be hearing them already. Not sure.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I think Zip-It and Coack A Roach Soup were confirmed fake by Axl in the chats.

Saboteur

Saboteur wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Ides of March:

[...] 'Ides of March' was a working title of one of the songs that came from a loop name that Dizzy came up with: I think they kept the name, but it's been years so I'm sure everything has changed by now." (Dave Dominguez, Sp1at, 02/07/05)

Sounds like Circus Maximus on rough mixes 4

So Ideas of March was renamed to Circus Maximus?

http://www.gnrevolution.com/song.php?id=5201

Ides of March - 1998
Circus Maximus - 2000

https://warmaudio.com/artist-david-dominguez/

AtariLegend wrote:
Vale wrote:

Didn't Axl mention a track named Cuban Skies in the chat?

Nope.

The only source for that title was supposedly people claiming this is what MSL's 2nd album was:

Atlas
Cuban Skies
Goin' Down
Jackie Chan
Light My Fire
Monstrosity
Silk Worms
Soul Monster
The General
Thyme
Tonto

That was years ago. However he did get Tonto correct. So, unless MSL cares to comment himself... we can only leave this under dubious.

Personally though, I find it questionable. A Light My Fire cover and at least one Tommy Stinson solo track?

benny
 Rep: 0 

benny wrote:

Eulogy of a Broken Heart was another rumored song title back in 2005/2006.  It was supposed to be a November Rain style song.

Board footer