You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AlThePal
 Rep: 0 

Re: Me And My Elvis Instrumental Leak (2019)

AlThePal wrote:

Is there anyway to get a link?

Charlie Finck

RaZor wrote:

Thx guys.  This track is awesome as fuck!

Please can you link me?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I have another statement for noobs...

Again, no offense... glad you like it here but if I happen to send you a pm during leaks, don't reply back. I don't want my box signaling me for more important messages when all it is a thanks.

Vincevega06

Vincevega06 wrote:

Can I get a pm please ? don't worry I won't reply lol

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
James wrote:

I have another statement for noobs...

Again, no offense... glad you like it here but if I happen to send you a pm during leaks, don't reply back. I don't want my box signaling me for more important messages when all it is a thanks.

LOL i’ve been doing that! I’m not even a noob. I can understand the flood; I’ll stop. I’m appreciative of your efforts James!

GnRMex2002

GnRMex2002 wrote:

To the new forum members...Stay, stop being downloading motherfuckers and discuss about our favorite band.

And please

PM LOL

AtariLegend wrote:

I find it hard to believe that any version of this with vocals from 2002-07, isn't one of the best tracks in the back catalogue.

This one was surely meant for classic rock radio in an alternative timeline.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I find it hard to believe that any version of this with vocals from 2002-07, isn't one of the best tracks in the back catalogue.

This one was surely meant for classic rock radio in an alternative timeline.

In that 99-05 period where most of the hype occurred, when band members like Stinson and Dizzy said they were working on some mind-blowing material, massive epics, etc, now that we've had a peak behind the curtain, they were clearly referring to this song, Oklahoma, and maybe Ides of March.

As far as rock radio goes, I don't really see this doing much damage. It's an epic deep cut, possibly the strongest track on the album released in an alternate universe.

It's hard to gauge it's single potential without vocals. It could have some hella catchy chorus....or could be ruined with terrible lyrics/vocals.

Some fans hate instrumentals and have no interest without Axl.  I love seeing the songs in various stages of completion and what he had to work with during the early and most crucial years of the project.

While I believe Oklahoma is the best song they cooked up instrumentally, this one is coming in at a very close second.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

So Beltrami worked on Madagascar, SOD, Twat, Prostitute, TIL? And Seven, Soul Monster, The General, Thyme?

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

From Whispers

"[GNR] was sort of just work for hire. [...] I met with Axl and he played me these songs, asked me my ideas about them, and I told him what I thought they needed. They gave me four songs to orchestrate. [...] A song called 'Seven,' which is the one [...] I actually wrote a guitar part [on]. There was one called 'Thyme,' one called 'The General,' one called 'Leave Me Alone.'" (Marco Beltrami, IGN, 07/20/03)

Board footer