You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: 2000 Intentions

otto wrote:

The album was already named Chinese Democracy by this time, though.
2000 Intentions would have similar tracklisting, but with songs that range from 97 ~ 1999

The fan made covers are great

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I think NME was the first to namedrop 2000 Intentions in June '99, when the SCOM hybrid (new band + old live band) was featured on Big Daddy OST.

Then Kerrang parroted that in August, also suggesting Cockaroach Soup (misheard 'Chinese Stew'?).

In late September, according to Goldstein, CD was decided upon. Axl & Dougie confirmed it to the media separately in November.

(The first cover in particular is great.)

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

tracklisting wise I always thought that Oh my god would open, followed by Silkworms but there is almost a AFD type side 1 with a UYI type side 2

Chinese Democracy
Silkworms
Riad n the Bedouins
IRS
There was a Time

Madagascar
The Blues
Atlas Shrugged
Perhaps
Prostitute

atlashrugs
 Rep: -6 

atlashrugs wrote:

how come axl kept state of grace, atlas, and perhaps under wraps? and is there a demo of this i love with robin finck on it?

AtariLegend wrote:

Atlas wasn't kept under wrap. It was mentioned various articles down the years. The reason it wasn't on the album was clearly that it wasn't leaked like the others (at least not widespread).

As for Perhaps... well it was mentioned May done 3 tracks, they just never mentioned the 3rd tracks name.

State of Grace however? I assume they just didn't see it as A List, given it was never mentioned.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It does make you wonder.

Silkworms kept being A listed even though it was dropped from the set in 2001 and never returned.

It stayed on the A list for so long that he allowed it to become an unlistenable abortion in the process.

PotatoSalad
 Rep: 0 

PotatoSalad wrote:

Ideally with Oh My God coming out in 1999 that is the beginning of the 2000 Intentions promotion.  The album comes out in 2000 and I'd probably put the track on there.  I remember when Axl was posting online someone said Oh My God sounded like a demo and he responded that it was and it was only included on the End Of Days soundtrack because they begged him for it.  I call bullshit on that.  I find it very hard to believe that they can beg him for an alleged demo for a movie soundtrack and he relents, but it took so long for Chinese Democracy to come out despite being in a near finished or completely finished state years before finally being released.  If Axl wants a reworked version of Oh My God then fine, we could put that on 2000 Intentions I guess. 

I think Oh My God also needs to be on there because then Silkworms wouldn't be the only industrialish sounding track.  I would leave Silkworms on there too.  It's different but I think it makes a good album closer.

IRS would be a solid choice to throw on there to make it a 12 track album.  Good song which I'd have be track 2.

Track 1 for me would be Chinese Democracy without the excessive speaking intro.  Just start it off with guitar right away.

Second to last track for me should be Prostitute.  I thought that was a good way to end Chinese Democracy, but we need something to come before Silkworms.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

My own Rough Mixes playlists:

Disc 1: (LP side 1) Chinese/Atlas/TWAT/Silkworms/Perhaps (LP side 2): Rhiad/Blues/Catcher/Madagascar/Prostitute (Putting Rhiad at the start of the second half jolts more energy into the pace)

Disc 2: PRL/Quicksong/Mustache/Zodiac/If the World/Tonto/Real Doll/Eye on You/Shankler's/I'm Sorry

Disc 3: Billionaire/Hardschool/Suplex/State of Grace/Oklahoma/IRS/Dummy/Devious (This sequences some kind of vocal - either sung or from a soundbite - pretty much every other song

Disc 4: Thyme/Circus/Nothing/D Tune/Curly/Elvis/As It Began

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I really need to narrow it down to the nitty gritty too. It's cool to have access to all this material at the touch of a button on my phone but it's beyond tedious.

I don't need a million versions of the title track, TWAT, Maddy, and derivative versions of the other tracks.

I love Atlas but I don't need the extra versions... especially since they got it right the first time. 9

Most of the material needs to go in a separate folder by itself and I could narrow it down to this.

2000 Intentions-disc 1

Disc 2

If the World
State of Grace
IRS
Hardschool
Sorry
Quick Song
Oklahoma
Soul Monster
Zodiac
Circus Maximus
D Tune
Curly Shuffle
The Rebel
Mustache

The rest, including some stuff I like such as Dummy, Tonto, Devious Bastard,etc. can go.

I do plan on placing some of these instrumentals into a Bucket playlist.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
James wrote:

I don't need a million versions of the title track, TWAT, Maddy, and derivative versions of the other tracks.

This.
But how do you choose which version to add?

Board footer