You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Re: New Album Thread

Declan94 wrote:
CubanSkies wrote:

lol towel

how did you know? who are you?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

That's where new material comes into play. It will reenergize the whole thing.

The shindig has got to start trending again.

If not, it will definitely start coasting on fumes and half arena syndrome will impact them just like it did during the CD years.

I honestly don’t think new material re-energizes anything. Does it get them a Download festival or whatever? Maybe. But what sold the NITL tour was the reunion. That’s done now. A new GNR single/album will not move any needle whatsoever on Radio/Streaming outside of the first month.

Declan94

Declan94 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

If not, it will definitely start coasting on fumes and half arena syndrome will impact them just like it did during the CD years.

I honestly don’t think new material re-energizes anything. Does it get them a Download festival or whatever? Maybe. But what sold the NITL tour was the reunion. That’s done now. A new GNR single/album will not move any needle whatsoever on Radio/Streaming outside of the first month.

a new album with slash and duff will make them relevant again and oh my god with slash would sound fucking insane

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

New material isn't about selling albums...its use as a promotional tool for a tour its only real purpose.

Album and single releases get them trending/hashtagged long enough to get people to buy tickets.

It's the only point of albums now.

Declan94

Declan94 wrote:
James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

New material isn't about selling albums...its use as a promotional tool for a tour its only real purpose.

Album and single releases get them trending/hashtagged long enough to get people to buy tickets.

it must be the chris pitman curse a soon as he touches another band they don't release a new album for years just look at tool

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

James sorry for the language but no shit it’s not about selling albums IF they release new material.

My point is bands the age of GNR are fossils. They don’t get any younger. The only close comp is Metallica. Metallica is the metal mecca for past and present. GNR was a monumental band for a moment in time. Nobody cares beyond the reunion outside of diehards who understand how rare new guns material is.

James

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

James sorry for the language but no shit it’s not about selling albums IF they release new material.

My point is bands the age of GNR are fossils. They don’t get any younger. The only close comp is Metallica. Metallica is the metal mecca for past and present. GNR was a monumental band for a moment in time. Nobody cares beyond the reunion outside of diehards who understand how rare new guns material is.

They don't get any younger....yet this doesn't stop thousands of young people from filling stadiums and arenas to see the dinosaurs in action.

The rarity of new GNR material is one of their main selling points...to the point it became a pop culture joke for a decade.

I agree that interest is waning...which is why they're going to need new material or it's gonna fall to pieces.

One hot single and they're trending again.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Old fart rock bands are the most successful tours nowadays. They make insane amounts of money, and I'll bet you anything GN'R are going to be touring for a long time.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

Ok I’ll wrap up with this...

With smaller checks coming in from the tours, it will be interesting to see how well forged this new bond of Axl/Slash/Duff holds up.

James

James wrote:

Do any of them hang out when they're not onstage?

Board footer