You are not logged in. Please register or login.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

Re: New Album Thread

wasted wrote:

I think they will work it like CD.

They will play a few new songs live for a tour. Then maybe leak a new Song tour. Album release tour. There’s 3 or 4 tours, 5 years of touring up to the album then 5 years touring the album.

Then there’s the AFD line up Vegas Residency. Izzy’s final call.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
James wrote:

Do any of them hang out when they're not onstage?

Journey sells out entire tours within days and haven't had new material since 2011l. Neal Schon and Jonathan Cain hate each other now that Cain has gone full Trump. They don't even have the original singer!!!!

How does this apply to GNR? I don't know. It came to mind.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Ok I’ll wrap up with this...

With smaller checks coming in from the tours, it will be interesting to see how well forged this new bond of Axl/Slash/Duff holds up.

Slash is seeing it as a new album and tour cycle, then back to his other band, release and tour cycle and repeat. According to his camp

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:
James wrote:

Do any of them hang out when they're not onstage?

Journey sells out entire tours within days and haven't had new material since 2011l. Neal Schon and Jonathan Cain hate each other now that Cain has gone full Trump. They don't even have the original singer!!!!

How does this apply to GNR? I don't know. It came to mind.

Fair point but there's one big difference between Journey and GNR...

No one has been anticipating new music from Journey since 1986.  That 90s Perry reunion was sweet while it lasted but there wasn't a real build up to that if memory serves me correctly.

That killer 88 GH album was the perfect bookend to their career.

Fans have always known what they're getting with Journey. No carrots get dangled.

While GNR are certainly entering potential Stones territory as a major touring act until they run out of road, it remains to be seen if it never requires extra fuel to keep the machine running.

wasted

wasted wrote:

True GNR always say there’s something happening with regards to an album. Although Axl did say not soon at CE. There is a sense that they are being forced into it. Also there always seems more to lose. With CD it was Axl losing his rep. Now it’s can they live up to the hype. When everything is going so well why take the risk? But it looks like they have the material to rock the word again.

atlashrugs
 Rep: -6 

atlashrugs wrote:

i might be on crack again but a new album doesn't come without an official public announcement and promotion. i see neither on the horizon. what do i see? i see another NITL show

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Only thing that drops without any pre-notice is a surprise single IMO. That can then build to album hype.

With this band I'll believe it when I see it.

wasted

wasted wrote:

They have to drop the whole double cd album as a surprise. When is the next Tuesday, November 23?

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Declan94 wrote:

axl better hurry up and get this album out before it gets leaked. technology is far better than it was in 2008 and the tracks better not be stored on a computer or that is getting hacked

atlashrugs
 Rep: -6 

atlashrugs wrote:

declan94, axl is in no hurry to hurry up. so i see the next chinese record with slash and duff added as extra spare parts coming out in 3020

Board footer