You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

3.  I don’t think this is unique or special. Biden literally did what Trump was accused of.  Obama was caught on a mic telling Dmitrev he’d “have more flexibility after the election.”  It’s what anyone does at that stage.

Do I think it’s “good” that it happens, no. The media campaign congressional democrats have launched since day one turns me off to anything they say. It’s removed their credibility, and this impeachment trial is so partisan, the notion it should be taken serious is laughable. That’s the great tragedy, this is what our government has become.

Biden and Obama are irrelevant to this.

Your media claims and "partisan" complains are also irrelevant.

Trump violated the constitution via bribery and extortion. We have several sworn testimonies (including trump appointees and Pence's assistant) that confirm it. Trump also admitted it and so did Giuliani on tv.

You're either are ok with that or you aren't. And it sounds like you're cool with it.

Ultimately its not about trump, it's about you. You've deceived yourself, and no amount of truth can ever get you to admit it.

buzzsaw wrote:

Some people never learn...

See the last sentence above, that applies to you as well.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I still think the Senate might go weak and vote to not impeach. McConnells is a pure dick. Dems need Bolton to testify to nail this shut.

Friend of mine posted saying Trumps Walter Reed visit was a flase flag, and he thinks the GOP will fore him to resign saying Dems ruined his health. Pure guess but no more fucked up that this Presidency already.

The Stone case is interesting, hope that gets bigger. I do think Pence, Pompeo & Mulvaney are obvi guilty. Pence needs to go down with the ship, I want this President Pelosi thing to grow legs, haha, I will ctfo.

There are a great deal of prominent Republicans that are outraged and disappointed with their party right now on Twitter. They're calling Trump a criminal and their party cowards. Unfortunately none of them happen to be in the Senate or Congress.

The Walter Reed thing was weird. It surely wasn't a routine physical. I've also read that theory. I still could never imagine Trump resigning. The presidency insulates him from criminal liability which he'll surely face once he's out.

Stone case will most certainly open more things up and has already started to. I'm curious if Stone will go out like a gangster or sing like Cohen before he's sentenced to prison. One thing is clear, as Sonland said "They were all in the loop." They all knew what Trump was doing. Bolton in particular calling it a "Drug deal" and got the hell outa dodge before he got bogged down in it. Pence, Mulvaney etc were all in the know.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

slcpunk wrote:

Ultimately its not about trump, it's about you. You've deceived yourself, and no amount of truth can ever get you to admit it.

This is comedy gold coming from the guy who spent years linking 9/11 conspiracy videos, and has spent the last 3 convinced Trump colluded with Putin.  And your previous comment complaining about the US pulling out of Syria, pure fire dude.  It's like your completely unaware of what you posted the past 15 years and that every other poster has seen your posts.  Talk about a total lack of self awareness.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Non-partisan question, or, maybe partisan from a left wing viewpoint:  Do you think Pelosi & the Dems would've been better off waiting for the Stone verdict, and potential documents to come out?

I mean, (and I'm not trying to say HAHAHA Trump is guilty, but would it make a better case for possible impeachment or tarnishing Trumps name & status), it definitely shows people, very close to him, worked thru the campaign with Russia & Wikileaks. Kinda like the 2+2 with Sondland, Trump spoke highly of Wikileaks & asked them & Russia to find those emails, AND Stone worked with Russia &Wikileaks.

Also, could Pelosi & Dems have combined these two instances into one impeachment inquiry?  It would've keep the storyline the same as the original, debinking the Hannity narrative of 'Here Dems go again with another witchhunt they can't find anything about" as it's kinda the same witchhunt.

I'm not knocking her, in fairness she didn't just randomly go after him, this is a pretty good case of it, (personally I think he should be impeached AND I think if Bolton testifies, get ready), however she waited & held off AOC & Tliab, but when an opportunity struck she went for the jugular. It's just, the Stone thing seems highly serious yet has gone mostly unspoken about.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They should have went with a censure and waited for something big. You can't impeach based on your best witness saying "I presume" he did/ meant this. Had he been caught demanding an investigation for weapons and the aid was never given then you'd have something that would be impossible for Republicans to ignore. Even still, the moderates are very reluctant to overturn an election.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The long, drawn out Russian episode of this reality show never should've happened. It gives the current scandal a "boy who cried wolf' vibe and many(including me) are tuning it out.

Hyper-partisan games and it just seamlessly flows with all the other scandals. I predicted this year one of the Trump era when the world was so obsessed with his every move to the point it was breaking news he took a drink of water on CNN....once something big happens, its impact would be minimal thanks to the faux outrage regarding everything else.

The sky can only fall a limited number of times.

James

James wrote:

I ask again....

3eed6097479b4ad8b17fd66516bb9c47.jpg

Why was that breaking news? In what universe does that make sense? Even if he had gargled it and spit at the camera, still not breaking news.

Trump derangement syndrome was and currently is real.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
James wrote:

I ask again....

http://newstldr-7af9.kxcdn.com/newsroom … bb9c47.jpg

Why was that breaking news? In what universe does that make sense? Even if he had gargled it and spit at the camera, still not breaking news.

Trump derangement syndrome was and currently is real.

About as newsworthy and important as Fox News assembling panels amid their outrage when Obama wore a tan suit.

James

James wrote:

Suit-gate was bad.... almost as bad as Dijon mustard-gate...but the Obama fixation wasn't nearly as bad as it is with Trump. I still watched news regularly back then. News channels would actually move on to different stories.

It's been Trump TV for four years and counting now. We've never seen anything like this before.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

In fairness the following Trump close associates have been convicted:
Flynn
Manafort
Gates
Cohen
Stone
Popadopolous

which is troubling in itself. And consider Muellers comments that 'The Feds did not seek to indict trump', since they couldn't charge him as he's a sitting president. Likely, he's guilty too.

Board footer