You are not logged in. Please register or login.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

Re: New Album Thread

wasted wrote:

What is the chance of a Rock the Rock new album? Just leave the CD era behind and bring out a cute pop rock album?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't see the need for all the silence in this day and

This.

When the reunion happened, even though it's been decades, I hoped it would go back to the early 90s with how they handled press/promotion but also speak directly to fans through social media.

I realize they may walk on tightropes keeping it together and don't want one misinterpreted comment to upset the apple cart....but come on.

With comments being a rarity, it doesn't feel like a band....it feels like a touring machine, which is what it is.

We're four years in and still haven't heard the full story of how it all came together.

I'm hoping we get more insight when they do promotion for the album/tour.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
wasted wrote:

What is the chance of a Rock the Rock new album? Just leave the CD era behind and bring out a cute pop rock album?

Chances? Zero to slim.

Due to only one Chinese album there is too much in his vault to simply start from scratch... especially for a lead singer not known for being prolific or spending lots of time in the studio.

Grab his vocal takes, remove the music, and they could whip up an album quick style.

I assume they'll do at least a couple new songs but I have a feeling it will essentially be "the second half of Chinese" but with the current lineup.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
James wrote:

I don't see the need for all the silence in this day and

This.

When the reunion happened, even though it's been decades, I hoped it would go back to the early 90s with how they handled press/promotion but also speak directly to fans through social media.

I realize they may walk on tightropes keeping it together and don't want one misinterpreted comment to upset the apple cart....but come on.

With comments being a rarity, it doesn't feel like a band....it feels like a touring machine, which is what it is.

We're four years in and still haven't heard the full story of how it all came together.

I'm hoping we get more insight when they do promotion for the album/tour.

If Axl releases a good and honest autobiography in the future there is more to the reunion story than you'll ever know that goes back many years

wasted

wasted wrote:
James wrote:
wasted wrote:

Chances? Zero to slim.

Due to only one Chinese album there is too much in his vault to simply start from scratch... especially for a lead singer not known for being prolific or spending lots of time in the studio.

Grab his vocal takes, remove the music, and they could whip up an album quick style.

I assume they'll do at least a couple new songs but I have a feeling it will essentially be "the second half of Chinese" but with the current lineup.

It is those vocals that seem very rare and Axl has committed to songs like Soul Monster.

I just wonder about the themes, they probably are kind of universal like Sorry was about Slash for some but then it could be applied to anyone really.

I guess it will just drop in between UYI and CD sound wise. Another 14 tracks of solid classic rock.

I go round in circles on it. Especially with the leaks. But yeah it’s the Axl epics that are a big part of a GNR album.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

sp1at wrote:

It's not going to be called Stay of Execution, the trademark expired a long time ago and GN'R have never trademarked album titles, so it was never likely to be an album title.

Besides which, SoE was always one of those "Axl pun" titles like "No Trickery" or "Not In This Lifetime." It's a specific reference to getting a stay of execution for New GN'R from the record company by putting out an album to placate them. The joke no longer applies, so I very much doubt that he'd use the title now.

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Declan94 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
sp1at wrote:

It's not going to be called Stay of Execution, the trademark expired a long time ago and GN'R have never trademarked album titles, so it was never likely to be an album title.

Besides which, SoE was always one of those "Axl pun" titles like "No Trickery" or "Not In This Lifetime." It's a specific reference to getting a stay of execution for New GN'R from the record company by putting out an album to placate them. The joke no longer applies, so I very much doubt that he'd use the title now.

it's a badass title tho

Sky Dog wrote:

Same bat time same bat channel. axl

11 years since the last album. tongue

wasted

wasted wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
sp1at wrote:

I thought that title was connected to a letter Axl wrote to the Indo president about those drug mules that got a stay of execution but in the end got the death penalty? The copyright that title was for the press release?

At the time I thought it kind of reflected the Slash and Duff situation. Maybe Axl could forgive the drug mules and give them a stay of execution.

It’s a bad ass title though. Get Andy Warhol’s Electric Chair painting as the cover.

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Declan94 wrote:
wasted wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
sp1at wrote:

I thought that title was connected to a letter Axl wrote to the Indo president about those drug mules that got a stay of execution but in the end got the death penalty? The copyright that title was for the press release?

At the time I thought it kind of reflected the Slash and Duff situation. Maybe Axl could forgive the drug mules and give them a stay of execution.

It’s a bad ass title though. Get Andy Warhol’s Electric Chair painting as the cover.

i really feel that Berlin could be on the new album and if soul monster is reworked it could be the next coma imo

Board footer