You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: New Album Thread

jimmythegent wrote:

"It’s a bad ass title though. Get Andy Warhol’s Electric Chair painting as the cover."

It'd be a perfect title for the record and wow, great call on the Warhol imagery ...

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Declan94 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

"It’s a bad ass title though. Get Andy Warhol’s Electric Chair painting as the cover."

It'd be a perfect title for the record and wow, great call on the Warhol imagery ...

get it with Guns N' Roses in red above the chair and Stay Of Execution in black at the bottom of the chair and that is one badass cover

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

wasted wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
sp1at wrote:

It's not going to be called Stay of Execution, the trademark expired a long time ago and GN'R have never trademarked album titles, so it was never likely to be an album title.

Besides which, SoE was always one of those "Axl pun" titles like "No Trickery" or "Not In This Lifetime." It's a specific reference to getting a stay of execution for New GN'R from the record company by putting out an album to placate them. The joke no longer applies, so I very much doubt that he'd use the title now.

I thought that title was connected to a letter Axl wrote to the Indo president about those drug mules that got a stay of execution but in the end got the death penalty? The copyright that title was for the press release?

At the time I thought it kind of reflected the Slash and Duff situation. Maybe Axl could forgive the drug mules and give them a stay of execution.

It’s a bad ass title though. Get Andy Warhol’s Electric Chair painting as the cover.

That may have been the inspiration, but I'm pretty sure that - given the band was in a pretty parlous state at that point and that getting a new album out was a "do or die" moment for New GN'R - Axl was referring to the album being a "stay of execution" for the band itself. It's a cool title, but it doesn't resonate with where the band is at now.

CubanSkies
 Rep: 0 

CubanSkies wrote:

Stay Of Execution was never an album title.... it was a title for some Vegas residency if I recall correctly but it was never the new album's title.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

HasItLeaked has Guns N' Roses in the studio.

Insiders, please verify, and dig in your respective holes.

Source:

Screenshot Archive

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Insiders, please verify, and dig in your respective holes.

Source:

Screenshot Archive

I'm for sure stoked if gnr is in the studio, but am equally as thrilled that Daft Punk and The Strokes are too!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

What's the track record of Has It Leaked?

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
James wrote:

What's the track record of Has It Leaked?

Usually very, very good.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

You know, with any other band, the fact that they're in the studio recording a new album might get my hopes up that they were planning on releasing a new album. But you know what they say, fool me once...

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
wasted wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Besides which, SoE was always one of those "Axl pun" titles like "No Trickery" or "Not In This Lifetime." It's a specific reference to getting a stay of execution for New GN'R from the record company by putting out an album to placate them. The joke no longer applies, so I very much doubt that he'd use the title now.

I thought that title was connected to a letter Axl wrote to the Indo president about those drug mules that got a stay of execution but in the end got the death penalty? The copyright that title was for the press release?

At the time I thought it kind of reflected the Slash and Duff situation. Maybe Axl could forgive the drug mules and give them a stay of execution.

It’s a bad ass title though. Get Andy Warhol’s Electric Chair painting as the cover.

That may have been the inspiration, but I'm pretty sure that - given the band was in a pretty parlous state at that point and that getting a new album out was a "do or die" moment for New GN'R - Axl was referring to the album being a "stay of execution" for the band itself. It's a cool title, but it doesn't resonate with where the band is at now.

Guns N Roses are always on death row. It’s the nature of the business. But I know what you mean it’s a bit negative for this rebirth of GNR. It’s more like the Return of the Living Dead. Self titled seems to be the most likely.

Given that Axl wrote that letter and copyrighted that title he could have some lyrics about this subject.

Board footer