You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: New Album Thread

sp1at wrote:
James wrote:

What's the track record of Has It Leaked?

They are connected to the record labels rather than the bands. It's a better source than some, but more about expectation than fact

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Same bat time same bat channel. axl

11 years since the last album. tongue

That blows my mind haha.

Doesn’t seem that long ago neutral

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

10 years to make, 10 years to tour and promote. Repeat!

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Declan94 wrote:
wasted wrote:

hey at least we might have one on the way right now but after that you need to wait another 11 years for a new album

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:
Declan94 wrote:
wasted wrote:

hey at least we might have one on the way right now but after that you need to wait another 11 years for a new album

They’ve probably been working on this one since 2008 if not before. Just one more re-record to go. Multiple albums all on different 10 year timelines. Soon AI will be making GNR albums in VR and the fans will be just one consciousness experiencing them simultaneously.

11 = II

Declan94

Declan94 wrote:
wasted wrote:
Declan94 wrote:
wasted wrote:

They’ve probably been working on this one since 2008 if not before. Just one more re-record to go. Multiple albums all on different 10 year timelines. Soon AI will be making GNR albums in VR and the fans will be just one consciousness experiencing them simultaneously.

11 = II

Do you think we will ever get The General?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

wasted wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
wasted wrote:

I thought that title was connected to a letter Axl wrote to the Indo president about those drug mules that got a stay of execution but in the end got the death penalty? The copyright that title was for the press release?

At the time I thought it kind of reflected the Slash and Duff situation. Maybe Axl could forgive the drug mules and give them a stay of execution.

It’s a bad ass title though. Get Andy Warhol’s Electric Chair painting as the cover.

That may have been the inspiration, but I'm pretty sure that - given the band was in a pretty parlous state at that point and that getting a new album out was a "do or die" moment for New GN'R - Axl was referring to the album being a "stay of execution" for the band itself. It's a cool title, but it doesn't resonate with where the band is at now.

Guns N Roses are always on death row. It’s the nature of the business. But I know what you mean it’s a bit negative for this rebirth of GNR. It’s more like the Return of the Living Dead. Self titled seems to be the most likely.

Given that Axl wrote that letter and copyrighted that title he could have some lyrics about this subject.

Yeah. IIRC they were also floating the idea of making the SoE album a self-titled one back then. Again, that would've been a statement of intent; "This IS Guns N' Roses, deal with it". Of course, self-titled would still work for a NITL-lineup album. I dunno, though, I feel like Axl's going to come up with something a bit more meaningful for this one. A "Stay of Execution/Use Your Illusion" type title that resonates with where the band is at now. Just a feeling I can't shake.

Vincevega06
 Rep: 0 

Vincevega06 wrote:

There is no new album and will not be one in the foreseeable future please lock this thread. Not because I don’t think it’s worth talking about but when folks see it they think oh real new album news, at the very least change the name to potential or possible new album please

Declan94

Declan94 wrote:
Vincevega06 wrote:

There is no new album and will not be one in the foreseeable future please lock this thread. Not because I don’t think it’s worth talking about but when folks see it they think oh real new album news, at the very least change the name to potential or possible new album please

the thread doesn't say new album confirmed so just leave it the way it is

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I think everything is pointing is a positive direction...

I hope they can muster something worthy of the name and legacy. I also hope there is a more stripped back approach and this current band get to record it 'on the floor' at least for some of it.

Creatively, there has to be a wealth of good material they can utilise - hopefully uncle Axl brings his A-game vocally too

Board footer