You are not logged in. Please register or login.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

Re: New Album Thread

wasted wrote:

I think like UYI and AFD there seems like a lot of writers in the mix but then Slash and Duff will bring that sound and style people like. Slash has proven throughout GNR, VR and Solo he produces consistent hard rock products. So you would expect it to fall somewhere in VR territory sound wise, Slash tackling some more modern elements.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I hope Uncle Axl re-does his vocals...

wasted

wasted wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

I hope Uncle Axl re-does his vocals...

Could do, that seems part of how much they re-record etc. If they full re do the music would it be good for Axl to do a more hard rock vocal to match. They did wonders with Shadow so I wonder what can be done. I expect it to sound as diffferent as CD does to the demos. It’s going to do a few bumps.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

So a lot of the talk about the writing of this album focuses on Slash, Duff, Axl and Fortus. But I'm curious as to whether the other members will be contributing. Dizzy and Melissa have plenty of song writing credits outside of GN'R (Frank, as far as I can tell from a skim of the ASCAP database, doesn't). On Chinese Democracy, Pitman (whose slot Melissa occupies) and Brain had plenty of writing credits. So why's no-one asked Dizzy, Melissa and Frank whether they're contributing song ideas?

wasted

wasted wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

So a lot of the talk about the writing of this album focuses on Slash, Duff, Axl and Fortus. But I'm curious as to whether the other members will be contributing. Dizzy and Melissa have plenty of song writing credits outside of GN'R (Frank, as far as I can tell from a skim of the ASCAP database, doesn't). On Chinese Democracy, Pitman (whose slot Melissa occupies) and Brain had plenty of writing credits. So why's no-one asked Dizzy, Melissa and Frank whether they're contributing song ideas?

I could see Dizzy contributing to Atlas or Perhaps, Huge too. Melissa was in on the remixes so she could be re-doing Pitman keyboard parts. Brain did programming or something. Maybe Frank will do a drum solo?

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Declan94 wrote:
wasted wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I could see Dizzy contributing to Atlas or Perhaps, Huge too. Melissa was in on the remixes so she could be re-doing Pitman keyboard parts. Brain did programming or something. Maybe Frank will do a drum solo?

lol frank drum solo is that even possible?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

wasted wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I was thinking more about original song writing rather than laying down overdubs, but yeah.

Sky Dog wrote:

I’m starting to not like the idea of redoing songs that were likely redone 10 ten times already. The spirit of the songs is beaten to death. The new group has had 3 and a half years to write their own songs. Let the Chinese Democracy sessions be done. Either release a box set for the freaks like us or release the songs as an Axl Rose solo album. axl

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Declan94 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I’m starting to not like the idea of redoing songs that were likely redone 10 ten times already. The spirit of the songs is beaten to death. The new group has had 3 and a half years to write their own songs. Let the Chinese Democracy sessions be done. Either release a box set for the freaks like us or release the songs as an Axl Rose solo album. axl

right on man

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

Just something random from 2015, Fortus states some of the new material may have sourced from Slash years ago;

On new material;

“Some of the stuff come(s) from nothing and some of the stuff is stuff that we’ve been working on that were ideas that were already there,” guitarist Richard Fortus revealed in November. “Some of the stuff Slash did — it was the beginning of the seed of the song that’s been around for a while.”

https://www.loudersound.com/features/sl … n-the-ring

Board footer