You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: New Album Thread

James wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

I hope Uncle Axl re-does his vocals...

Absolutely.

If we were just getting some type of compilation/box set of the Chinese years, I'd be ok with it as is.

Any other scenario....yes...the vocals need to be redone completely. If not, at least take the Cornell approach with Black Rain where it's a mix of old/new vocals and you can't tell which is which.

He should've done it with CD. Songs like Madagascar and The Blues begged for a fresh vocal take.

elevendayempire wrote:

I'm curious as to whether the other members will be contributing. Dizzy and Melissa have plenty of song writing credits outside of GN'R (Frank, as far as I can tell from a skim of the ASCAP database, doesn't). On Chinese Democracy, Pitman (whose slot Melissa occupies) and Brain had plenty of writing credits. So why's no-one asked Dizzy, Melissa and Frank whether they're contributing song ideas?

I've said it since day one of the reunion....

Melissa has too much potential to just be squandered as a stunt player.

Her performance of Sorry at that NBA game alone shows what she can bring to the GNR table.

Sky Dog wrote:

I’m starting to not like the idea of redoing songs that were likely redone 10 ten times already. The spirit of the songs is beaten to death. The new group has had 3 and a half years to write their own songs. Let the Chinese Democracy sessions be done. Either release a box set for the freaks like us or release the songs as an Axl Rose solo album. axl

While I'm not fond of the idea of removing Bucket or even Finck on any songs he's a creative factor in, if it's the only way to get it out....fine.

Like you, I don't want Slash, Duff, and Melissa just pasted in to already overbloated songs.

Remove ALL the instrumental tracks and have the current lineup record their own unique versions of the tracks. Under this scenario, I wouldn't mind the title track and Better being included on the album or as bonus tracks/b sides.

They really brought those songs back to life. They could do the same with other vault tracks.

They're bat shit crazy if Oklahoma-Berlin isn't on their list of tracks to work on.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

Old n New vocals seems like the move.

Sky Dog wrote:

Well, we can say one thing for certain. We really have no idea what we will eventually get. No idea. I guess that’s kinda cool. cool

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Yeah not only vocals but hopefully let the band as it is have at it in a more organic way.

Any old Chinese stuff that is worthy and appropriate, work from the bottom up - on the floor . Chuck in the Seeker and Wichita, a few brand new band ones and wala - we have a legit Guns album. If Uncle Axl can dive in and find the vocal monkey like “rock the rock” or Axl/DC level, we are good to go

wasted

wasted wrote:

It does seem like a UYI situation where there’s older material like Back off or Don’t Cry and new songs that Slash will bring in.

It might not be a double cd but if you start putting tracks together like Hardschool, Berlin, The Seeker, Atlas, Perhaps, Soul Monster plus a couple new ones that’s half a cd without trying. With State of Grace, Going Down, Wichita Lineman, Silkworms, Circus and a few new ones - that’s a good mix.

wasted

wasted wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Well, we can say one thing for certain. We really have no idea what we will eventually get. No idea. I guess that’s kinda cool. cool

“We don’t know shit” is the umbrella we’ve been operating under for almost two decades.

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Declan94 wrote:
wasted wrote:

It does seem like a UYI situation where there’s older material like Back off or Don’t Cry and new songs that Slash will bring in.

It might not be a double cd but if you start putting tracks together like Hardschool, Berlin, The Seeker, Atlas, Perhaps, Soul Monster plus a couple new ones that’s half a cd without trying. With State of Grace, Going Down, Wichita Lineman, Silkworms, Circus and a few new ones - that’s a good mix.

there better be no covers on this new album cause that would just be lazy but yeah Berlin Hardschool Atlas and Soul Monster and maybe Silkworms if it has lyrics reworked could work also with new original material and hopefully as we speak right now Axl Slash and Duff are
in the studio recording and writing it would be a dream come true to see those 3 record a new album after 26 years but really excited for the future cause these boring legs of the NITL probably have stopped by now and by march 2019 they have probably the album to promote and will tour relentlessly for about 2 years then after that who knows?

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

So do the big 3 schedules suggest they could all be in the studio now ? Where are they all at - Richard too ?

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Declan94 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

So do the big 3 schedules suggest they could all be in the studio now ? Where are they all at - Richard too ?

richard put his guitar parts down years ago he doesn't need to be in the studio

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:
Declan94 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

richard put his guitar parts down years ago he doesn't need to be in the studio

Yeah, I was hoping he might re-do them in a more organic, band environment with the current lineup.

As well as of course, newer material

Board footer