You are not logged in. Please register or login.

CubanSkies
 Rep: 0 

Re: Rare tapes on eBay

CubanSkies wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guns-N-Roses-Or … SwwWtd2u7p

Don't Cry DAT tapes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guns-N-Roses-Or … 3415835693

Very rare find! There's never been any recordings of the AFD 5 rehearsing (mates doesn't have Axl). Unfortunately very expensive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guns-N-Roses-Be … Swn4tdo0V3

Rare Betamax. Could contain concert footage maybe? Or AFD recording video? Will be gone in 4 hours and is going cheap!!

All from Zutaut........

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

They have feedback as buyers, not as sellers.

Although they may be legit, I would avoid unless collecting in person.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

Very interesting finds. I wish I had the kind of cash to blow on this stuff, and then just share them with the real fans. Fuck the hoarders.

The track list on the betamax looks like it's just AFD. Even the times listed are only a few seconds different that the album, and looking at the date on the tape, it's a few months before Appetite was released. Since it's from Sterling Sound Digital (who does mastering) and says "EQ'd for Analog Disk" I wonder if it's audio-only? I did a little Googling, and it does indeed seem that there were some mid-80s professional digital systems that used Betamax tapes. So even if you have an old betamax player that still functions, I doubt it the tape would be playable. And even if you had a digital betamax system, it's probably just AFD anyway. Still, would be cool from from a collector's point of view, if you had the cash to spare.

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Declan94 wrote:
huntermc wrote:

Very interesting finds. I wish I had the kind of cash to blow on this stuff, and then just share them with the real fans. Fuck the hoarders.

The track list on the betamax looks like it's just AFD. Even the times listed are only a few seconds different that the album, and looking at the date on the tape, it's a few months before Appetite was released. Since it's from Sterling Sound Digital (who does mastering) and says "EQ'd for Analog Disk" I wonder if it's audio-only? I did a little Googling, and it does indeed seem that there were some mid-80s professional digital systems that used Betamax tapes. So even if you have an old betamax player that still functions, I doubt it the tape would be playable. And even if you had a digital betamax system, it's probably just AFD anyway. Still, would be cool from from a collector's point of view, if you had the cash to spare.

surely to god there is a real gnr fan with a shit ton of money that can out buy these hoarders?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I’ll pay 1000 USD for an unheard GNR with vocals. Inquire within.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

huntermc, I came to the same conclusion about the Betamax: This is a copy of the album, just on an unusual format.

It is a bit suspicious that both sellers are claiming that the material comes from Zutaut ...

Vincevega06
 Rep: 0 

Vincevega06 wrote:

If it’s Betamax it may be a true copy of the reel to reel, in the 80s people did this because at the time beta had the best sound quality I think. Not starting rumors just a observation on stuff I’ve seen in the US

Board footer