You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: GN'R to Play Super Bowl Fest, Miami, 31st January 2020

ClaudeF wrote:

Regrettably, this is about the NFL booking a "heritage" act.

I don't think we're in for a new song. They tried that at the VMAs and we know how that went down.

"Jungle," "Paradise," "Sweet Child," and maybe a wildcard like "You Could Be Mine" if we're lucky. The set will be limited due to the format of the game and the value of commercial airtime.

But the GNR webstore will probably have a whole new line of Super Bowl laundry bags for us to choose from, so there's that to look forward to.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Regrettably, this is about the NFL booking a "heritage" act.

I don't think we're in for a new song. They tried that at the VMAs and we know how that went down.

"Jungle," "Paradise," "Sweet Child," and maybe a wildcard like "You Could Be Mine" if we're lucky. The set will be limited due to the format of the game and the value of commercial airtime.

But the GNR webstore will probably have a whole new line of Super Bowl laundry bags for us to choose from, so there's that to look forward to.

They aren't playing the Superbowl. This is a music festival loosely tied to the Superbowl that Budweiser puts on in the days leading up to the Superbowl. It should be a full set, just like any other music festival.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

My heart initially skipped a beat at that headline until I realized what it really was.

I'm straddling the fence....

I agree with flashflood that something is being cooked up for 2020...but I agree with the others that it won't be happening here.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
wasted wrote:

I think with a new single or song, these days you only get one pop. If you put a single that gets attention, say for Dark Fate, but that means when album drops the public are over it.

It's frightening how short pop culture's attention span is nowadays.

I'm actually amazed that anything can catch on.

Sky Dog wrote:
James wrote:

My heart initially skipped a beat at that headline until I realized what it really was.

I agree with flashflood that something is being cooked up for 2020...but I agree with the others that it won't be happening here.

I’ve been straddling the fence since 1993. What did I get out of it? 15 songs of original material officially released in 26 years. Forgive me if I am a bit jaded. lol

Sky Dog wrote:
James wrote:

I’ve been straddling the fence since 1993. What did I get out of it? 15 songs of original material officially released in 26 years. Forgive me if I am a bit jaded. lol

yep i was patient and saying new music would come for years but now i don't think that they care for or even acknowledge their fans so i'm gonna stop defending them and guess we will have to wait and see if anything is happening at all

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:
James wrote:
wasted wrote:

I think with a new single or song, these days you only get one pop. If you put a single that gets attention, say for Dark Fate, but that means when album drops the public are over it.

It's frightening how short pop culture's attention span is nowadays.

I'm actually amazed that anything can catch on.

And sometimes I think the culture or product isn’t even there. At first people were watching videos on YouTube but now it seems they are playing homemade video ping pong on Tik Tok. The whole pretension of pop music being art just dropped from not being that important (the opinion of the social media poster being more important) to not even needing a product. I guess that has always been there with celebrities but now the audience are the celebrities and there’s no record.

There’s that saying “If it’s free, you are the product” - they are selling the audience to algorithms.

Content is king. People want and platforms need something to sell everyday 24 7 forever. Human need meets corporate business. We are cybernetic and only a few clicks from the machine taking over.

I think terms of Guns that’s why touring works better than albums. Pics, setlists etc almost daily. It’s like as teams of slaves are building a cathedral or a pyramid, there’s a hot dog stand making a killing off the job site. Then the pyramid vanished, but no one knows, people are still buying hot dogs outside. Every few years the pharaoh comes out and we believe the building is still underway and buy more hotdogs. CD II aka Pharaoh Hologram is coming soon.

Sky Dog wrote:

Stoned...immaculate! tongue

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

Ancient Aliens are coming soon.

Sky Dog wrote:

The aliens are over on the Tool message boards! wink

Board footer