You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The Wrestling thread

misterID wrote:

Anyone watch All Elite wrestling on TNT? It reminds me a lot of kid 90s Nitro and a little Raw is War.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Anyone watch All Elite wrestling on TNT? It reminds me a lot of kid 90s Nitro and a little Raw is War.

I've only caught clips on youtube, including the AEW after dark. It totally has that 95-96 Nitro feel. Jericho is gold right now, and I'm really enjoying Jon Moxley without shackles. I also enjoy the commentary when Tony and JR are at the helm. I don't want to say JR has lost a step, but having Schiavone in the booth complements him well.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Schiavone deserved so much more than a wrestling career. Deserved a career decades ago doing NFL pregame and halftime scores. Should've replaced Bob Costas at CBS in that role in the late 80s.

He had a voice for the ages....and only wrestling fans will ever know it.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Yeah, hearing Tony blew me away. Total blast from the past. I can't believe WWE missed on Kenny Omega.

misterID

misterID wrote:

This list of backstage fights is hilarious. I can totally believe JBL being a bully and a pussy. And I totally believe Rick Rude was one of the toughest dudes in wrestling.

https://www.thesportster.com/wrestling/ … g-history/

PotatoSalad
 Rep: 0 

PotatoSalad wrote:

To think of how many wrestlers that got bullied by JBL only for Joey Styles to be the one to put him in his place and give him a black eye.  Let's also never forget the chairshot heard around the world: Stevie Richards giving JBL some payback for what he did to The Blue Meanie at One Night Stand 2005.

AtariLegend wrote:

Trump business advisor has fired at least 30 people in the last few hours. It's rumoured alot of nxt wrestlers are getting fired when they show up at the building tonight.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Trump business advisor has fired at least 30 people in the last few hours. It's rumoured alot of nxt wrestlers are getting fired when they show up at the building tonight.

None of them will qualify for unemployment either because they are independent contractors.

misterID

misterID wrote:

If you haven't seen Dark Side of the Ring, you should really check it out. It's on Vice and it's a documentary series on old school wrestling, from like 70s NWA to WWF Atittude era. It's sooooooo good. Just crazy stuff. The Chris Benoit episode was incredible.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

If you haven't seen Dark Side of the Ring, you should really check it out. It's on Vice and it's a documentary series on old school wrestling, from like 70s NWA to WWF Atittude era. It's sooooooo good. Just crazy stuff. The Chris Benoit episode was incredible.

Did you ever hear Bruce Prichard’s podcast? He does an amazing episode about Houston wrestling and all the crazy characters there. And the crazy way Geno Hernandez died.

Board footer