You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Re: GN'R to Play Super Bowl Fest, Miami, 31st January 2020

Vale wrote:
wasted wrote:
James wrote:
wasted wrote:

I think with a new single or song, these days you only get one pop. If you put a single that gets attention, say for Dark Fate, but that means when album drops the public are over it.

It's frightening how short pop culture's attention span is nowadays.

I'm actually amazed that anything can catch on.

And sometimes I think the culture or product isn’t even there. At first people were watching videos on YouTube but now it seems they are playing homemade video ping pong on Tik Tok. The whole pretension of pop music being art just dropped from not being that important (the opinion of the social media poster being more important) to not even needing a product. I guess that has always been there with celebrities but now the audience are the celebrities and there’s no record.

There’s that saying “If it’s free, you are the product” - they are selling the audience to algorithms.

Content is king. People want and platforms need something to sell everyday 24 7 forever. Human need meets corporate business. We are cybernetic and only a few clicks from the machine taking over.

I think terms of Guns that’s why touring works better than albums. Pics, setlists etc almost daily. It’s like as teams of slaves are building a cathedral or a pyramid, there’s a hot dog stand making a killing off the job site. Then the pyramid vanished, but no one knows, people are still buying hot dogs outside. Every few years the pharaoh comes out and we believe the building is still underway and buy more hotdogs. CD II aka Pharaoh Hologram is coming soon.

This is an excellent analysis! Basically sums up what I’ve been feeling/thinking, but haven’t been able to put into words (yet). Well done!

shutout52
 Rep: 0 

shutout52 wrote:
wasted wrote:

It’s like as teams of slaves are building a cathedral or a pyramid, there’s a hot dog stand making a killing off the job site. Then the pyramid vanished, but no one knows, people are still buying hot dogs outside. Every few years the pharaoh comes out and we believe the building is still underway and buy more hotdogs. CD II aka Pharaoh Hologram is coming soon.

Great, now I'm envisioning Axl et. al. as The Leader from the Movementarians episode of The Simpsons...

latest?cb=20130925173252

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:
Vale wrote:
wasted wrote:
James wrote:

It's frightening how short pop culture's attention span is nowadays.

I'm actually amazed that anything can catch on.

And sometimes I think the culture or product isn’t even there. At first people were watching videos on YouTube but now it seems they are playing homemade video ping pong on Tik Tok. The whole pretension of pop music being art just dropped from not being that important (the opinion of the social media poster being more important) to not even needing a product. I guess that has always been there with celebrities but now the audience are the celebrities and there’s no record.

There’s that saying “If it’s free, you are the product” - they are selling the audience to algorithms.

Content is king. People want and platforms need something to sell everyday 24 7 forever. Human need meets corporate business. We are cybernetic and only a few clicks from the machine taking over.

I think terms of Guns that’s why touring works better than albums. Pics, setlists etc almost daily. It’s like as teams of slaves are building a cathedral or a pyramid, there’s a hot dog stand making a killing off the job site. Then the pyramid vanished, but no one knows, people are still buying hot dogs outside. Every few years the pharaoh comes out and we believe the building is still underway and buy more hotdogs. CD II aka Pharaoh Hologram is coming soon.

This is an excellent analysis! Basically sums up what I’ve been feeling/thinking, but haven’t been able to put into words (yet). Well done!

It’s what I do.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Another show with the same old same old. Well, they played You’re Crazy and Dead Horse, but otherwise Axl still sounded Mickey.

It’s tiring to expect any different or any better from this band. But I guess that’s on us to set our expectations really low right?

Sky Dog wrote:

Honestly, I have no interest in hearing Slither, Better, Wichita Lineman, Black Hole Sun or any long meandering Slash solo. I don’t have interest in the show enough to pay for what they are charging. And, I hate to say it, Axl’s physical deterioration isn’t helping at all. hmm

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Sky Dog wrote:

Honestly, I have no interest in hearing Slither, Better, Wichita Lineman, Black Hole Sun or any long meandering Slash solo. I don’t have interest in the show enough to pay for what they are charging. And, I hate to say it, Axl’s physical deterioration isn’t helping at all. hmm

What I find baffling is that there are so many options available to a multi-millionaire to keep their weight down. if I had his resources and free time, I'd hire personal trainers and a nutritionist and get myself in tip-top condition. Hell, he could just take the easy route and get lipo...

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

What I find baffling is that there are so many options available to a multi-millionaire to keep their weight down. if I had his resources and free time, I'd hire personal trainers and a nutritionist and get myself in tip-top condition. Hell, he could just take the easy route and get lipo...

He looked fine to me for a 60 year old. Are waiting for him to be 25 again?

Axl sounding like Mickey Mouse is a legit concern but why should I care what he looks like if he can sing?

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

We don't really know what happens in Axl's life and in his head. He does not care? He can not? Doesn't he notice? Does he have any impediments?

And that goes for everything connected to the boy.

elevendayempire

Oh yeah, Axl's life is his own to live and all that. I'm just a bit baffled why, with the options he has available to him, he doesn't take advantage of them.

Anyway, I finally managed to track down a video of You're Crazy. It's pretty good, he belts out some decent screams in it.

elevendayempire

mitchejw wrote:

He looked fine to me for a 60 year old. Are waiting for him to be 25 again?

No, but Duff, who's only two years younger than Axl, is standing right next to him, and he's in tip-top condition (especially considering what he put his body through back in the day). Like, that's what Axl should be aiming for, or he's storing up problems for his future.

Board footer