You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: The United Kingdom General Election, 2nd May 2024

Congrats to the UK for respecting democracy and the rules of their election system.  The EU is a sinking ship, and England will be much better off not being attached to it.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

It does seem like the people voted then the elites were just like no. But people may have voted Boris because Corbyn scared them. Weird thing is Boris isn’t even British and he was pro EU when he was mayor of Landan. Reality is just a suggestion.

AtariLegend wrote:

If Labour were in power right now during this, you can get bet the tabloids would be exploiting this to make they never win another election in our lifetimes.

The response to the recession after this... will probably be massive public spending cuts and tax cuts for the rich.

Super austerity, then there's Brexit. We're still in a transition till the end of the year where nothing has changed.

AtariLegend wrote:

fyi on the 123 k testing yesterday to spare Matt Hancock's blushes over the 100k target by the end of the month:

Only 70k plus was actually caried out, the redt were posted tests.... so it's spin.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

If Labour were in power right now during this, you can get bet the tabloids would be exploiting this to make they never win another election in our lifetimes.

The response to the recession after this... will probably be massive public spending cuts and tax cuts for the rich.

Super austerity, then there's Brexit. We're still in a transition till the end of the year where nothing has changed.

It’s amazing how labor gets blamed and always takes it on the chin.

AtariLegend wrote:

Reuters say the total is over 40k with ft reporting total extra deaths up 50k plus.

TV stations running with the gov's 32k plus.

Yet the Torries are polling better than ever before, thanks to tv coverage. People under some bizzare impression that Boris the Lion has done a good job.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Reuters say the total is over 40k with ft reporting total extra deaths up 50k plus.

TV stations running with the gov's 32k plus.

Yet the Torries are polling better than ever before, thanks to tv coverage. People under some bizzare impression that Boris the Lion has done a good job.

How many total political parties are there in the UK? I was doing some reading up on it yesterday...are there members of parliament who get elected and choose not to take their seats? I think I read the Irish and/or the Scottish have done this or are doing this currently.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

How many total political parties are there in the UK? I was doing some reading up on it yesterday...are there members of parliament who get elected and choose not to take their seats? I think I read the Irish and/or the Scottish have done this or are doing this currently.

Sinn Fein don't take their seats. They are Irish Republicans so that's why.

We have two major political parties: Labour and Conservatives. They are like your US parties but with a colour swap.

We have other parties too, some are UK wide and some only stand within one of the four nations. For example, In Scotland the SNP are dominant and have been for almost 13 years.

AtariLegend wrote:
Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Agreed Atari. The Beeb's domestic news coverage is a joke these days and when one of them tries to actually do their job this happens.

Board footer