You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: It's happening.

Sky Dog wrote:

Vocals have to be original as Axl can’t sing like that anymore. The rest is clearly beefed up by someone. I don’t have a problem with it as it sounds great. 3

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

It might possibly be some kind of modern fandangled remix remaster.

boneshj

boneshj wrote:

It's time for Dr. Pepper, Red Bull or some other shitty soda pop to do their jobs and coax Axl to making this happen again, this year.  That's what it took last time.

PS. Everyone clamoring for the cover songs they've been performing making the album, why would we want any real estate on an album we've been waiting for nearly 30 years to come along to be filled with Cover filler.  If we want to own versions of those songs, push for a live album release that includes those tracks.

wasted

wasted wrote:
boneshj wrote:

It's time for Dr. Pepper, Red Bull or some other shitty soda pop to do their jobs and coax Axl to making this happen again, this year.  That's what it took last time.

PS. Everyone clamoring for the cover songs they've been performing making the album, why would we want any real estate on an album we've been waiting for nearly 30 years to come along to be filled with Cover filler.  If we want to own versions of those songs, push for a live album release that includes those tracks.

For me it gives it that UYI feel. A double or triple cd of everything. Also they are good for mainstream recognition. As much as die hards like RNDTH and Dust it’s Live n Let Die that is on 90s Classic Rock compilations.

imsorry wrote:

SOYL was mixed by CLA so the kick n snare was triggered with samples the rest is just remixed really doubt anything was redone.

LocoComa

LocoComa wrote:

I've found the accusations of Axl's vocals on SOYL being re-recorded preposterous since it came out. Anybody that's listened to their share of Guns from '86/'87 can easily tell that's Axl's voice from that period. The rasp started coming in stronger in late-'87/'88 when he first started having real issues with his throat. Prior to that, he sang a lot more clean. Just listen to the Marquee bootleg.

And while I think he's done an admirable job with it live since last year, and his vocals for Rock the Rock exceeded my expectations, he clearly can not match that voice - even in a studio setting - nowadays. He doesn't have the same power and control over his clean voice. The Shadow vocals sound as effortless on the recording as they did in '86/87.

I don't buy that Frank re-recorded the drums either, or that Fortus added anything over Izzy, but I don't have enough as a skilled ear for that to say definitively.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I don’t think it’s an accusation  - moreso a supposition or theory
There is certainly something different  even if it just sprucing up and enhancing the mix with modern technology tools. It sounds great whatever has or hasn’t been done and I’m hopeful the rockier numbers on any new material will be treated in a similar way.

Happy holidays all - here’s hoping Gn’R are ensconced in the studio putting the finishing touches on this thing!

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

You figure at worst another best of album with a few new songs. Especially seeing how well shadow did

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

There is certainly something different  even if it just sprucing up and enhancing the mix with modern technology tools.

Yeah....same with Soundgarden's Telephantasm. Cornell admitted adding some new vocals to Black Rain but there were some other tracks that were suspect... specifically the bass.

Board footer