You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Re: Will new music be released in 2020?

Tortilla_Man wrote:

They are up to something, I think

If its another leg pf NITL Tour i'm gonna kill them one by one!

Will new music be released in 2020?

Yes, Q1 26%
Yes, Q2 7%
Yes, Q3 2%
Yes, Q4 12%
No 52%
Total votes: 42
wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

Maybe it depends if they can agree on what to release,  if it’s good enough and how?

I think that has to do with Slash wanting to do Axl’s material but also pulling it off.

Maybe they don’t want to fight so they won’t push too hard in any direction.

Hopefully though they got it and a record is done and out before 2025.

Axl always seems ahead of the curve. And maybe they had a record in 96. Izzy has always said they could do a GNR record in 2 weeks...

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

There is intention to release a new album this year and none of the current gossip since the new year is correct. Slash source.

North American dates will follow, as stated already, obvious anyway after an Irish date

S American dates have not been branded new chapter yet, so I don't know if that's significant for timing. So my guess would be the Euro dates will coincide with an album release

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Fantastic, thanks.

Those timeframes make sense - The South American dates are like a break from the studio - then put the final touches on perhaps ?

What current rumours does that refer to? The one where Axl is making “ridiculous” promotional demands?

wasted

wasted wrote:

So they will be releasing all new material?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

For what it’s worth. “Drop” is only used as slang for “release music,” so this is either close to a confirmation or the GNR social team sucks.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

If the album is due in time for Europe, say mid-April, it’s not inconceivable that a leadoff single could be coming soon. Maybe that’s the meaning of that tweet?

wasted

wasted wrote:

NINTCHDBPICT000552474292.jpg?strip=all&w=449

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
sp1at wrote:

There is intention to release a new album this year and none of the current gossip since the new year is correct. Slash source.

Thanks for the inside baseball, sp1at!

bigbri wrote:

For what it’s worth. “Drop” is only used as slang for “release music,” so this is either close to a confirmation or the GNR social team sucks.

True but imma take the latter.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Surprised that 30%+ think a new album is due in Q1, even more so that over 50% expect an album at all in 2020. Have I missed an official press release or are you all high? 16

Im not expecting anything this year.

1 album in 27 years. Why is 2020 going to be any different? Hope you're all correct but I won't be getting my hopes up until they announce something officially 9

Board footer