You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: NA Dates going up on facebook for 2020

Dates in America are being announced.

Randall Flagg

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Anyone know ticket prices yet?

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

No new music.

The boycott will be enforced.

Randall Flagg

Wagszilla wrote:

No new music.

The boycott will be enforced.

Yea, I was hoping for a Pittsburgh show. Then was gonna go to DC, but I came to the same conclusion you have. Not worth driving 4-5 hours each way on a week night to see the same band playing the same set list I’ve seen multiple times. No new music, no tickets for me.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

The 5 million fans who went to the last concerts will not repeat. There will be some repeats, but it is all about the new chapter, and if GN'R do not deliver something different, it will be goodnight LA longer term. The repeat is too quick for a legacy tour, so it is make or break this time around.

The band have interviewed the new album thing for over a year, so it has to appear, or there has to be a new angle big enough to fill stadiums.

The period between now and the SA dates is crucial. The SA dates have not been overly lumped into next chapter, but there has to be a new song out during that stretch at some point, or some news.

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Tortilla_Man wrote:

Nothing is coming but disaster
No new album
No single
Just GNR wanting more of the fans money

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

There is nothing in the new US dates promo mentioning anything about an album etc. which was supposed to be the focus after NITL tour finished.

The promo video for the initial SA/European dates announcement mentioned “all new show / the next chapter”, so I hope there is something happening. But the silence is deafening.

This band has cried wolf too many times. Axl sounds the worst I’ve heard him on some songs during the Super Bowl show. Dead Horse is a mess from the start, Better sounds like he’s dying.

This doesn’t exactly build confidence in the next tour.

They need to do something... anything, to gain interest from this longtime fan.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Don’t forget the SA tour promoter (Rio?) saying GNR would be back in 2020 promoting new music last year in 2019.

It’s also a good opportunity to start working out the kinks so they’re sharp come the US dates.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Can't see how they can sell stadiums again just by rolling out the same shit!  Casual fans that wanted to see Axl and Slash on stage again now have.  Not sure how many of them will pony up good $$'s again for the same offering.

New music and/or AFD5 tour is the only way forward.  That said, new music is no guarantee for success either.  Their best shot at success would be with Izzy in the mix working on brand new songs, not tinkering over reheated Chi Dem stuff.  Then tour behind that.

But I don't see that happening.  They will just dial it in, count whatever dollars come in from more of the same.  The cleaners will continue to put out more garbage swag to fatten their own pockets.  Rinse and repeat.

Board footer