You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

It matters in a primary. You would be shutting out big swaths of your voters if you only concentrate on someplace like California.

That’s not what i mean...I’m saying that him winning SC won’t be this big turning point for him.

I think the optics aren’t quite as good when he’s winning states during the primaries that he has no chance of winning in the real election.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It will in delegates. This isn't about optics, but accumulating delegates and convincing donors you're still in it.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

It is about optics in terms of influencing voters the primaries that follow on Super Tuesday and beyond. Isn’t some of this about building momentum?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

We'll find out for sure tuesday night, but it looks like Biden is starting to pick up steam, while Bloomberg is dropping.  If Warren, Pete and Amy get out, Biden should be able to have enough delegates to be competitive at the brokered convention.  I just don't see how the DNC lets Sanders ruin their congressional races and the white house to keep the AOC wing (who they're working to re-district) of the party happy.

Obama should come out this week and endorse Biden.  It's their best best to neuter Sanders.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If Biden wins SC Obama should endorse him. He's running out of money.

mitchejw wrote:

It is about optics in terms of influencing voters the primaries that follow on Super Tuesday and beyond. Isn’t some of this about building momentum?

I guess I'm not understanding your question. Yeah, you want momentum.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

If Biden wins SC Obama should endorse him. He's running out of money.

mitchejw wrote:

I guess I'm not understanding your question. Yeah, you want momentum.

Ok let me start over....yes there’s the financial side that you pointed out...donors and behind the scenes shit.

Equally important...convincing voters in future primaries to change their mind or vote for Biden.

Other than this week, Biden’s campaign looked dead in the water. I am if the opinion that winning a Democratic primary in the Deep South  is subjectively less valuable Bc these are state that Democrats will never win.

I’m curious to see what Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania have to say.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/court-rules- … 18327.html

This is a big win for Trump. This solidifies a circuit split, which forces SCOTUS to act. They’ll probably support the administration in this.

I’m other news, watching Trump’s Coronavirus conference drives me nuts. The man cannot form a coherent or sensical sentence.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/court-rules- … 18327.html

This is a big win for Trump. This solidifies a circuit split, which forces SCOTUS to act. They’ll probably support the administration in this.

I’m other news, watching Trump’s Coronavirus conference drives me nuts. The man cannot form a coherent or sensical sentence.

I suppose so...

Obviously I’m not a fan of this, but I will say that for political party that claims to not like big government intrusion on state and local rights, this doesn’t seem to compute with that much.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Ouch, guys, don’t look at your 401Ks. I’m in the process of consolidating and rolling over stuff, and I’ve had to log in several times in the past couple weeks. And it ain’t pretty.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Ouch, guys, don’t look at your 401Ks. I’m in the process of consolidating and rolling over stuff, and I’ve had to log in several times in the past couple weeks. And it ain’t pretty.

Trump isn’t handling this corona virus thing well and if he doesn’t have the economy he doesn’t have shit.

I assume this is what you’re referring to.

Board footer