You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:

Nah...

Republicans are in charge right now and it’s exposing them to be complete morons.

They’ve demonized the left for 3 years and now want their help fixing the problems that their dumb ass policies and cuts created.

Believe it or not, their is a a high co-relation between education, the helping fields like medicine, and liberalism.

After 3 years plus of the ignorant and emboldened idiots coming out of the wood work and attacking the people who should’ve been listened to from the get go...you want their help now?! NOW?!?!?

This is exactly what this country deserves. The ignorants voted into office by fellow ignorants. Trump and co demonized and ridiculed the left as a campaign strategy.

Believe it or not...you wagging your finger and telling us how dumb we are over and over is not the way to garner favor.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

So I take it you haven't sent all of your employees home, nor are providing them with paid leave without deducting their vacation, if you offer vacation at all.  You're only interested in blaming Trump and political points:

Mitchejw wrote:

This is exactly what this country deserves. The ignorants voted into office by fellow ignorants.

I figured, thanks for proving my point.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

It’s amazing the left got most of the rest of the world in on their plan to vote out Trump.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

How do we break it to mitch that he's the idiot without sending him back into rehab?

The country and economy have been quite good for the past 3 years until a mystery illness that appears to be similar to the several other mystery illnesses over the past 10 years or so knocks the market down 25% or whatever because of irrational fear and you're blaming Trump for it.  Amazing.  How is this different than all the illnesses before mitch...you know, the ones under Obama where more people got sick and more people died, yet no irrational panic was pushed by the media?  We're in panic because Trump? 

I hate to break it to you mitch, but the idiots have been running the country for way longer than 3 years.  Your boy would have fucked this up worse because he'd have ran off all the good doctors with his universal healthcare, then expected the bad ones left to fix the problem.  Nobody fucking thinks beyond the next 30 seconds any more.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The country and economy have been quite good for the past 3 years until ...

The Dows been hitting record highs since 2013, far longer than 3 years.

Randall Flagg

bigbri wrote:

It’s amazing the left got most of the rest of the world in on their plan to vote out Trump.

Care to elaborate?  The EU is pissed Trump banned their citizens from entering the US. They didn't end flights or migration from infected countries, so I don't understand the outrage.  Do you have any specifics on what should have been done, versus what Trump actually has done?  It's easy to level snark, but which party just had a candidate that said he'd never restrict entry into the US, regardless of pandemic or other security concerns.  Trump has already done more than Obama did with H1N1 and Ebola, so I don't understand the outrage.  I genuinely want an answer rather than rhetoric talking about feelings.  You're pretty intelligent, so do you have some ideas you'd like to share?

Randall Flagg

Pa has a law on the books from 1955 that prevents them from sharing any diagnosis information, making tracking infections and reporting them with detailed information illegal.  Yet somehow this is Trump's fault.  And Pelosi is dismissing the House for a vacation.

Randall Flagg

The reality is the world is learning what the military has breathed and lived for decades - plans sound good on paper.  All the experts can signoff on a plan and pat themselves on the back, but without actual practice and training to deploy and execute plans, the plans are worth the same amount as the paper they're printed on.  CDC is reporting an expectation of 1.6 million fatalities due to the outbreak, but if you consider they have also said that 70-150M Americans will be infected, and give the WHO's projected 1% mortality rate, you're looking at 13M-50M fatalities.  I hope it's not that bad, but we still have assholes testing positive and then hopping on a flight.  How many of you would submit to martial law and forced quarantine versus how many of you would protest in the streets about your "rights"?

But America deserves this, because they didn't vote Democratic in 2016.  Truly despicable.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

So I take it you haven't sent all of your employees home, nor are providing them with paid leave without deducting their vacation, if you offer vacation at all.  You're only interested in blaming Trump and political points:

Mitchejw wrote:

This is exactly what this country deserves. The ignorants voted into office by fellow ignorants.

I figured, thanks for proving my point.

Sorry...I reread my post from earlier and it came off far sharper than I intended.

I too am dealing with all of this and this week has been miserable. I employ 50 people now and the burden of doing what’s best for everyone at my own expense is wearing on me.

Nobody wants this to happen...but that doesn’t mean we don’t deserve it.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

To be clear...we deserve it because our elected administration at the federal level intentionally destroyed an apparatus that was designed to prevent this....and now censors the CDC so they filter their information to protect the precious fucking economy....control the narrative

This...amongst many other things make me feel that this administration is to me is the wurst possible to be dealing with this

Board footer