You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Covid 19

mitchejw wrote:
Yamcha wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Yamcha wrote:

Michel Barnier
?
@MichelBarnier
I would like to inform you that I have tested positive for #COVID19. I am doing well and in good spirits. I am following all the necessary instructions, as is my team.

For all those affected already, and for all those currently in isolation, we will get through this together.

10:19 AM - Mar 19, 2020

I had to look up who this was...a rather powerful politician from France?

This is going to become the rule rather than the exception soon.

Michel Barnier is the guy who was doing EU negotiations with the UK in regards with Brexit. Since some people (including me) used to post in the Brexit thread here, I thought I would share the news.

Please do share...the European system fascinates me. I'm sure you've stated before...but could you remind me which country you're from?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Mitch, since the Senate passed the houses COVID bill that requires employers like you to provide paid sick leave for any of your employees impacted by the virus, how will that affect your business?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Mitch, since the Senate passed the houses COVID bill that requires employers like you to provide paid sick leave for any of your employees impacted by the virus, how will that affect your business?

Uh...we're done...that's how...it's not sustainable.

We'll be lucky to last until April unless there are more details about how we will be supported. I'd like to see more details if you have them. I'm going to research once I can get off the damn phone.

Today was the gloomiest day...I had to stare it right in the face that I'm responsible for 51ish employees right now and my decisions seem to exponentially have an impact. Currently we hold steady at about 1/3 of our business disappearing in a week.

It's seeming more and more incumbent upon me to shut down everything as soon as tomorrow.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Uh...we're done...that's how...it's not sustainable.

We'll be lucky to last until April unless there are more details about how we will be supported. I'd like to see more details if you have them. I'm going to research once I can get off the damn phone.

Today was the gloomiest day...I had to stare it right in the face that I'm responsible for 51ish employees right now and my decisions seem to exponentially have an impact. Currently we hold steady at about 1/3 of our business disappearing in a week.

It's seeming more and more incumbent upon me to shut down everything as soon as tomorrow.

I guess I need to know more about the definition of paid sick leave...but my presumption is that anyone who can't work right now is on sick leave. Is that how you interpret it?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I just read a quick article...sounds like there are a lot of ways for companies to get out of this...why would the Senate do this to labor?

I have to see where we're at but our paid sick leave package would likely be pretty modest. Enough to help people get by, I suppose. Any suggestions? People need cash now, and I really don't feel right taking that way from them.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Just curious Mitch, what is it you do?  Sell medical equipment to consumers, or hospitals & practitioners.  Are you like a spreadsheets/business/managerial accounting type?  Or do you work for a larger company, like franchisee. Just curious.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Just curious Mitch, what is it you do?  Sell medical equipment to consumers, or hospitals & practitioners.  Are you like a spreadsheets/business/managerial accounting type?  Or do you work for a larger company, like franchisee. Just curious.

Honestly, I've been reluctant to share that information given past experiences here...

I own a business that provides therapy to children with autism. An experimental therapy that actually proved so effective that private insurance companies started covering it.

This therapy actually teachers young children to speak and develop when development isn't occurring naturally.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Honestly, I've been reluctant to share that information given past experiences here...

I own a business that provides therapy to children with autism. An experimental therapy that actually proved so effective that private insurance companies started covering it.

This therapy actually teachers young children to speak and develop when development isn't occurring naturally.

You have my respect for being involved in that.....and I sincerely hope you can continue in some shape or form. Good luck.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
jonesy wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

You have my respect for being involved in that.....and I sincerely hope you can continue in some shape or form. Good luck.

I agree. So were you more from a psychiatry/psychology background, or accounting/business?  Just wondering,

I've been terrible with the business/finance side of things in general life & attempts of getting side ventures going.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

NYC might have an awful weekend.  As much as my region & the country always seems to be 2 weeks away, NYC seems like the next 3 days will dictacte the countries next 8 weeks.

Board footer