You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

NY Giants82 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I'm sick of the whole NE thing. I seriously think Washington could pull an upset if too much talk is made about NE facing the Colts undefeated in two weeks. It happened back in 90 with SF & NYG facing each other in week 11. They both lost in week 10 & were 10-1 instead of 11-0 or something.

Yep I remember that. Then they met in the NFC Championship game. One of the best games I have ever seen.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

The Pats hype is more deserved than the Cowboys hype, or any other team's. Pats are the best team in the NFL, it's a sad truth. But if they keep trying to score when they're already up 30 on road games, someone will be wise enough to nail the shit out of Brady over and over again, even if they fucking run the ball, until they put in scrubs or end his career.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
Communist China wrote:

The Pats hype is more deserved than the Cowboys hype, or any other team's.

Absolutley.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

The Pats hype is more deserved than the Cowboys hype, or any other team's. Pats are the best team in the NFL, it's a sad truth. But if they keep trying to score when they're already up 30 on road games, someone will be wise enough to nail the shit out of Brady over and over again, even if they fucking run the ball, until they put in scrubs or end his career.

I'm glad CC brought up this interesting point, because its starting to become a problem. I have nothing against them scoring as they are clearly on a mission to destroy as many records as possible, but alot of people are bitching about this and we may see a NE backlash in the coming weeks.

They gotta start benching Brady when its obvious they won the game.

I'm sick of the whole NE thing. I seriously think Washington could pull an upset if too much talk is made about NE facing the Colts undefeated in two weeks.

I disagree. While Washington is having a good year, they are nowhere near the level that NE is at.

The Pats are averaging around 40 points a game. You cant beat a team that is pretty much guaranteed to score 40 points.

Only thing thats going to stop the Pats going undefeated is the Colts or Brady getting injured.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

Only thing thats going to stop the Pats going undefeated is the Colts or Brady getting injured.

A friend of mine recently used the phrase  "The way the Patriots are playing, I think they're going to win their bye week"

The only reason they might not go undefeated would be because they'll have homefield throughout wrapped up by week 12 or so the way they're playing.  They could just put Brady and Moss and whoever else in for a quarter to keep the rust off, then take them out to avoid injury.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I just read Ronnie Brown is out for the year with a torn ACL.  I think I had him on every one of my fantasy teams too.  Ugh.

James

James wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

A friend of mine recently used the phrase  "The way the Patriots are playing, I think they're going to win their bye week"

The only reason they might not go undefeated would be because they'll have homefield throughout wrapped up by week 12 or so the way they're playing.  They could just put Brady and Moss and whoever else in for a quarter to keep the rust off, then take them out to avoid injury.

Yeah, Belichick is gonna have to consider that when the season is winding down and homefield is wrapped up. Gonna be a tough decision. Brady may refuse to sit because he knows he's on a record setting pace.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I'm sick of the whole NE thing. I seriously think Washington could pull an upset if too much talk is made about NE facing the Colts undefeated in two weeks.

I disagree. While Washington is having a good year, they are nowhere near the level that NE is at.

Well I was talking upset, not that Wash is actually better talent-wise. I'm just sick of it. Also I truly believe no team will ever go undefeated again. Every year a team goes 10-12 games without losing & all this hype starts up, then every year they lose. We'll see, talk to me at week 16.

Anyway, Jorge76 that's a good line from your friend. Funny stuff.

James

James wrote:

How do you upset a team that scores 40 points a game? You don't. You think Washington can put up 45-50 points against NE?

I can understand you getting sick of the NE hype. I remember that hype surrounding the 98-99 Vikings and it was vomit inducing. They deserved some of that hype, but everyone went overboard with it.

NE is different than any other team that had the chance to go undefeated. They play in an era where there is mediocrity across the board. Teams that will likely go 8-8 have a shot at the playoffs.

Other teams in their position had alot of close games. NE blows out teams at will.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

about people trying to hurt brady cuz they keep scoring....welll in NFL there is no room for mercy, and they did bench brady in the 3rd but miami scored like 2 tds and Cassels had an INT...so they brought brady back and his first drive they scored again....miami is 0-7 i mean how can they not rack up the score when the team is that bad

still 42 points at half and only one td after that, i'd hardly call that running up the score, i'm sure it coulda been worse and if brady's shoulder is bothering him then sure he sill get more bench time, but how often do ou hear the first string QB gettting bench rest in the middle of the season

Board footer