You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Covid 19

PaSnow wrote:

Isnt one theory the lab sold the lab bats kinda on the side, and they ended up in the street markets?

I dunno if true or what.  Ill say, its all not entirely unreasonable, the lab thing itself. Imagine if it first came out of Boston, and Boston U had a well known lab program that studied the flu.  If u lived in Boston,and worked at the college, you could probably guess pretty well what occured and who might work in that lab.

I really doubt they hired some wacko who created this mess in a coupla days/weeks. Its probably a position they always hire for each year/flu season. Maybe to help find that years strain or predict next years. I could prolly search ads in NYC for this winter related to the flu, and HHS and have it look like someone went rogue.

Yeah, its scary going out for groceries. I mean,  Im not 'scared' but it sucks having to go & coincidentally i had a few of the cheaper facemasks from before so i wear one. Last night ran out for milk & oj at a gas station but pissed i didnt wear it. Figured id rather pay more at a gas station than walk thru a crowded market but cant be too safe.

Look at it this way tho, 18,000, 13 have it, maybe none dead. Lets say 1, thatd be like being at a NBA or NHL game and your chosen for the halftime contest or something. Never happens, right?  10

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I have serious doubts this was lab created.  It's an incredibly shitty virus if its design was biological warfare.  Less than 2% mortality rate and all of that almost entirely in the elderly and immuno-compromised - not something very effective against your average soldier.  Plenty of other known pathogens with 90+ mortality rates if China wanted to develop something new.

Agreed. I’ve thought this for a while. The only similar theory i’ve entertained is: what if it got out before they were finished  with making it deadlier in some way. I don’t know how bioweapons are made ....

I’m still anxious of contracting it. I’m taking a lot of precautions. I live in a town of 18k, and at last count 13 had it, and they are likely in a hospital in Chicago or elsewhere. Our town has no hospital.

I go out once a week for groceries. I have three teen kids who eat endlessly it seems. I have no face mask per se, but i used my balaclava with my GNR Lies t-shirt tied over it like a bandana. Overkill? I dunno. I buy groceries for my elderly neighbor Bob and certainly don’t want to pass it on to him.

Stay safe everyone.

It's also possible that it's a test to see how it spreads before attaching the more deadly part of it.  There are all kinds of possibilities, but if nothing else hopefully this stops that nonsense about everyone that wants borders secured being racist.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Its virality isn’t even that impressive. It’s marginally more contagious than the flu. Measles and other viruses are far better stock to build a weapons grade agent off of.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I have serious doubts this was lab created.  It's an incredibly shitty virus if its design was biological warfare.  Less than 2% mortality rate and all of that almost entirely in the elderly and immuno-compromised - not something very effective against your average soldier.  Plenty of other known pathogens with 90+ mortality rates if China wanted to develop something new.

This wasn't for a weapon, according to the article, but sloppy research. The bats that spread this virus weren't sold in that market and aren't from that region.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

Boris Johnson Admitted to Hospital for Tests in Precaution

U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson was taken to an undisclosed hospital for tests after suffering from the coronavirus for 10 days and failing to shake off its symptoms, including a high fever.

“This is a precautionary step,” a Downing Street spokesperson said in a statement. “The prime minister thanks NHS staff for all of their incredible hard work and urges the public to continue to follow the government’s advice to stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives.”

He remains in charge of the government, and is in contact with ministerial colleagues and officials.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles … precaution

AtariLegend wrote:

Regardless of what he is as a person, I wouldn't wish ill on anyone.

It is pretty surreal.

I found the The Queen Speech earlier on quite emotional. She has given the big broadcast speech only 4 times before, the first of which was in 1940 during ww2. She really is ingrained in the countries history.

Worth saying since the lockdown, more and more people have been going out. Families out for walks and pensioners, groups ect.

This is not working.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

It is pretty surreal.

I found the The Queen Speech earlier on quite emotional. She has given the big broadcast speech only 4 times before, the first of which was in 1940 during ww2. She really is ingrained in the countries history.

Worth saying since the lockdown, more and more people have been going out. Families out for walks and pensioners, groups ect.

This is not working.

What’s not working?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I now know two people who have died...distant Acquaintances but nonetheless.

I am now starting to think this government bailout is utter bullshit. The banks are playing games with us so that they can find ways to benefit themselves.

I think Congress needs to reconvene soon.

AtariLegend wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

It is pretty surreal.

This is not working.

What’s not working?

A lockdown where people are still allowed out to excerise.

It's being abused. More people outside than ever before, except they're not going to work.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

It is pretty surreal.

This is not working.

WW2?? Wow, she's been around a while.  Didnt realize she became Queen in 1952.  Thats impressive. Before Elvis & Rock n Roll

Board footer