You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

PaSnow wrote:

Fri Night:  Scarface - Epic.

Saturday Night: Uncut Gems - It was good. I thought it'd be a bit better tbh.  Seemed like a crime movie made by some people who wanted to make a crime movie.  Should've dove more into the character & his inner demons (addiction, greed) instead it kinda seemed like he was being chased by some bad guys as some sort of boogeyman.

Sunday Night - Tiger King.  I re-signed up for Netflix after a year long lapse. A few docs like the Crue, Irishman, Glow etc will make it worthwhile, and this was kinda the tipping point out of curiosity. It is good. 3 episodes in. I'm curious to what takes place as I sorta read bits online & FB. It is well made & geez, seems like one bizarre story & cast of characters.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I've been on a bit of a western's binge

Young guns
Young guns 2
Fistful of dollars
For a few dollars more
The good, the bad and the ugly
Outlaw josey wales
Hang 'em high
Unforgiven
Tombstone
Butch cassidy and the sundance kid

I've also seen uncut gems ... i have the same opinion as u pasnow

Also
chapter 27 (about mark david chapman)
Last days (loosly based on Cobain)

Also watched a slash doc on amazon prime (from world on fire era) and a cobain doc called soaked in bleach

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I've never seen the Reanimator. I'm rectifying that tonight. Never saw Phantasm or Warlock either. Feel like I've missed out. Watched Conan The Barbarian last night, and good God almighty that movie still rules.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I've also seen uncut gems ... i have the same opinion as u pasnow

Did you see Hustlers?  I felt it was better. It's not all strip clubs & dives into their characters & struggles alot more. Some cool Tarantino/Paul Thomas Anderson Boogie Nights-esque scenes. Not nudity, just wierd cinematic moments that kinda capture you.  Worth checking out & JLo was good in it I thought. My brothers wife actually liked it & they kinda sold me on the thought of giving it a chance.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Watched 'The Dirt',  Motley Crue bio on Netflix. Is silly at first and does a real bad job at showing how they formed (too campy & predictable), however once it gets rolling its good. I wish it involved a little bit more of Grunge & how MTV dropped them and maybe them trying to survive thru it. It really doesn't address it much other than saying they're no longer in their prime and kicking Vince out, but it really doesn't emphasize the length of time it went, and that they were mostly out of the limelight until it became passe again and nostalgia (2005/2010ish?). They never had a hit song again did they, unlike Bon Jovi.

It does do a good job separating them, making each member unique & their own personality & interests/addictions. Also views it mostly from Nikki Sixx's perspective, and makes him out to be more of the artist/deep thinker of the group. The Tommy Lee 24 hr POV scene is incredible, and the OD scene. Vince Neil going thru what he did with his child really humanizes it. Made me realize while I always thought those guys 'lived the life', in some ways they didn't, and are lucky to have lived thru it. They flirted with death.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The Hunt - False advertising. I watched it for Emma Roberts....she died in the first minute. I didn't like it although that line "they have crisis babies" was hilarious.

The Invisible Man - This had so much more potential.

Underwater - Not a great film but I finally found something where I can tolerate Kristen Stewart.

Gone Girl - Second time watching and it's still the same.... first half amazing, then it goes off the rails.

Parasite - This won best picture?!?

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead - Incredible. One of the best movies from the 2000s.

Scarface- Been years since I watched it. Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio....WOW.  She should've been bigger.

AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

The Invisible Man - This had so much more potential.

I liked the first half, felt pretty uncomfortable at times... then it desends into a genric sci fi film.

One of the very few occasions where it would have been better to go, it's all the mind route.

The ending is just lazy.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm not a big fan of a complete 180 shift in tone midway through a film/book.... especially if it's not something clearly  meant to be unconventional.

The first half of Hereditary is shaping up to be one of the greatest films ever made. A complete dysfunctional breakdown of a family. I can relate....too well. It then goes completely off the rails on a crazy train.

Same with The Babadook....a mother being driven insane by her child. Instead...the damn monster winds up being real. Total letdown.

Gone Girl is another. The first hour is perfect and finally a role perfect for Ben Affleck. I was on the edge of my seat. Then the second hour starts with a twist. I completely lost interest.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I really don't like Marvel films, I've only seen the first Avengers film and have no interest in seeing the others. But man, the new Spider-Man films are fantastic.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

I really don't like Marvel films, I've only seen the first Avengers film and have no interest in seeing the others. But man, the new Spider-Man films are fantastic.

Black Panthers good, not really a Superhero vs Villian, more like a shift or rising up against to fight.  I'm with you tho, not a huge Marvel fan, still haven't see Avengers 3 or 4, 2 was awful I only got halfway thru. Someone told me it was bad, rushed, and skippable. Guardians Of The Galaxy is good too, kindof a comedy of a Superhero film.

Board footer