You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Covid 19

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Wait, what?  Did anybody get shot by any of these "big guns" because I know people got hurt at the Trump rallies.   Interesting where you choose to be outraged.

I don't know what you're talking about.  Not sure people are protesting hospitals.

I've just seen some footage of Trump supporters harassing hospital personnel as part of their protests.

Why does it matter if anyone was shot? https://www.businessinsider.com/coronav … aws-2020-4

This is not a healthy way to deal with this...you want to go to war against government during a pandemic so you can.....so you can....I have no idea what that would accomplish.

So one thing I can promise you is not everyone that wants to open things up is a Trump supporter.  If hospital personnel are putting themselves into the middle of the protests somehow, that's on them.

It matters because people were seriously hurt (and from memory killed, but I don't care enough to look it up) when people were protesting around the country when Trump won.  I haven't heard anything along those lines from these protests, but perhaps I missed it.

Some people feel their liberties are being trampled on for no good reason.  I'm not sure how you don't understand that it would bother people.  It doesn't matter if you agree or not; they have a point and they are demonstrating legally even if you don't like it.  This isn't going to get better as things open in some places.  More and more people are going to start rebelling and they aren't all Republicans or Trump supporters.

There is a simpler solution to this though...let's pour some money into testing and a vaccine. If that's what they want, then let's agree then.

This would give people the hope that they desperately need right now. This is where the federal government if failing us...so much would be forgiven and Trump could wrangle this thing back in his favor. If anyone could do this...it would be this country.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

There is a simpler solution to this though...let's pour some money into testing and a vaccine. If that's what they want, then let's agree then.

This would give people the hope that they desperately need right now. This is where the federal government if failing us...so much would be forgiven and Trump could wrangle this thing back in his favor. If anyone could do this...it would be this country.

Did you skip my Oxford post?  There is also apparently some billionaires pumping money into something - I'll see if I can find that article...those things are happening.

What does any of that have to do with trampling on people's rights?  I mean I know you don't have a problem with it, but some people do.  Do you feel they don't have the right to be upset?  Do you feel they don't have the right to protest?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Did you skip my Oxford post?  There is also apparently some billionaires pumping money into something - I'll see if I can find that article...those things are happening.

What does any of that have to do with trampling on people's rights?  I mean I know you don't have a problem with it, but some people do.  Do you feel they don't have the right to be upset?  Do you feel they don't have the right to protest?

Yes...I mean...I planned to get to it but between dealing with workman's comp people trying to gouge my ass right now, holding my company together, robbing peter to pay paul and dealing with the bank...I just don't have time to look at everything right now.

That's the right thing to do and if that's what's happening then I support it.

The fact that they are upset is warranted and acknowledged...I think their anger is misguided. It is a time to be inspired by sacrifice.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Buzz, I have yet to read the entire BuzzFeed post about Sweden, but this article takes the same statistical data (deaths now vs. in years past) to say that we are drastically underreporting deaths in the U.S.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 … X6s1BydE9E

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:

Buzz, I have yet to read the entire BuzzFeed post about Sweden, but this article takes the same statistical data (deaths now vs. in years past) to say that we are drastically underreporting deaths in the U.S.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 … X6s1BydE9E

Weird, the state of Pennsylvania had to knock a couple hundred deaths of its total because it was inappropriately attributing deaths to COVID that were clearly other ailments:
https://abc14news.com/2020/04/26/pennsy … ularities/

That's already a clear distinction in our death count and Germany, who is only slightly ahead of our #2 spot in the developed world.  Germany is only counting deaths that are strictly COVID, while most places in the US are attributing to COVID any death that may be related, or was a factor in any sense.  So if you're on your death bed with bone cancer and die from "COVID", the US counts that death where Germany does not. 

The reality is that the figures of hundreds of thousands to millions of deaths didn't manifest.  Any study looking at antibodies finds that 15-25% of the population had COVID and didn't even know, making its death rate significantly smaller than what is being reported from confirmed cases. 

It's clear this issue has been highly politicized, and the only person anyone wants to hold accountable is Trump.  Not the mayor of governor of NY who told people in early March to live as normal.  Certainly not the local governments who are largely refusing to enforce any kind of stay at home order.  Trump is a fucking retard who tells people to inject bleach to cure the virus, so he must be culpable for everything. 

I'm ready to get back to it.  I've been told to report back to work Monday.  The total amount of COVID deaths are going to be a few thousand more than died from the flu in 2018.  I'm not on board to destroy the country while one side plays scare tactics for political gain.  "Keep the country closed until we have a vaccine", despite the real mortality rate being sub .2%, and its victims being almost entirely limited to those over the age of 65.  And the fact a vaccine for a cornoavirus has never been developed.  So when Sweden is back to life as usual in 6-8 weeks, plenty in the US will be boarded inside during a beautiful June day because CNN and progressives need that irrational fear.

1300 people have died in Cook County Illinois so far from COVID, again, almost entirely above the age of 65.  500+ people were killed in Chicago last year.  I mean, if you weren't terrfied of being blown away before COVID struck, you really have to ask why you're so afraid of COVID, considering the odds of you becoming seriously ill in your demographic are significantly lower than being shot.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

What is the number of deaths that warrant destroying the economy and our standard of living? It isn't 65k, since  that's how many died from the flu in 2018, and half of you didn't get a flu shot in 2019.  I'm seriously asking for an adult conversation here.  The only way to truly determine if social distancing and keeping me locked up inside for 7 weeks worked, is to do a comparison from Sweden's deaths based on their demographics, and transpose those numbers to America based on our demographics.  I haven't done the math yet (now I know what I'll be doing as soon as I finish this report), but we know it isn't going to be hundreds of thousands of more deaths. 

I get that in the 21st century, most people have an unreasonable expectation of mortality protection.  But we can't destroy the nation because a bunch of bleeding hearts are worried a bunch of 80 year olds abandoned in a nursing home may finally get the relief our puritanical beliefs oppose.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Totally disagree, this is not the flu. There have already been over 60k deaths in a few months, not a year. So that statistic means dick. And it's far more contagious and brutal to the body. Just ignoring the douchbaggery, not just 80 year olds are dying, but people working in this economy, including medical workers. If more people get sick, more people will stay home on their own, businesses forcing employees to work will be liable (they're already seeking protection on that, good luck!) so that wrecks the economy anyway. You balance it out, what's worse... These are uncertain and unprecedented times. You manage with a scalpel not a wrecking ball. Shit is going to be tough, but the economy will bounce back.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

dp

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Weird, the state of Pennsylvania had to knock a couple hundred deaths of its total because it was inappropriately attributing deaths to COVID that were clearly other ailments:
https://abc14news.com/2020/04/26/pennsy … ularities/

16 16

That isn't even a real TV stations website.

https://abc14news.com/about-us/  lol, non-profit/ad-free?!  Dude, there's ads all over the fuckin place. Whois says it was just registered in 2018.  ie; Russian trolls website

Board footer