You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 432 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Yea...I mean...see...there's no ownership. I'm the problem. I've always been the problem...I'll always be the problem.

This is why I have such a hard time forgiving and forgetting.

I've told you for years to own it mitch.  Sometimes the shoe fits.  Nobody else has gone after people for saying things they didn't say anywhere near as much as you have.  You read part of what someone says and just run what you think they were saying.  You either lack reading comprehension or you don't actually read what people write.  You constantly misrepresent what someone said and then belittle them for the opinion you put on them instead of what they said.  We're not randomly accusing you of it and you won't find a single person defending you on that point even if they agree with your political leanings because you do it.  It's been shown you do it several times.  You've done it far more times than people have said you did.

If you want to be mad at me about what I said, I have no problem with that.  Russ and I got into it for years about Finck and we are good friends to this day.  He never misrepresented what I said.  I was cool with Bono getting banned and we had beers together in Vegas at a GnR meet up.  I own what I said; I'll never allow you to twist it into something else.  Never.  There will never be peace between us until you accept that and stop doing it.

mitchejw
 Rep: 111 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Yea...I mean...see...there's no ownership. I'm the problem. I've always been the problem...I'll always be the problem.

This is why I have such a hard time forgiving and forgetting.

I've told you for years to own it mitch.  Sometimes the shoe fits.  Nobody else has gone after people for saying things they didn't say anywhere near as much as you have.  You read part of what someone says and just run what you think they were saying.  You either lack reading comprehension or you don't actually read what people write.  You constantly misrepresent what someone said and then belittle them for the opinion you put on them instead of what they said.  We're not randomly accusing you of it and you won't find a single person defending you on that point even if they agree with your political leanings because you do it.  It's been shown you do it several times.  You've done it far more times than people have said you did.

If you want to be mad at me about what I said, I have no problem with that.  Russ and I got into it for years about Finck and we are good friends to this day.  He never misrepresented what I said.  I was cool with Bono getting bad and we had beers together in Vegas at a GnR meet up.  I own what I said; I'll never allow you to twist it into something else.  Never.  There will never be peace between us until you accept that and stop doing it.

If you don't think you've done the same to me and others then you'e not being honest. In fact...in reviewing the first 100 pages of this very thread I'd seen it done too many times to count...I guess my tolerance for it ran out....maybe I started doing it to others too...I dunno...I'll have to think about that...

I'm not asking for defenders to justify what I do...when have I ever asked for that?

Either way man...it didn't start this way...and if you can't take ownership of your side...my sentiment is exactly as yours is...'if the shoe fits'...and misrepresenting what I say...

I think I got to a point where it was like...ya know what? No matter how many times I try to take the high road or turn the other cheek I stopped feeling like some of you weren't doing the same.

I still stand on my first point...I've never reported you...given you negative karma...and quite frankly you need to own who and how you've been here between end of March up til pretty much now. If you want me to own...then so do you.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 432 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:

Well, get used to same old same old then.  I gave you an out and you're just going to mitch it away.  So be it.

mitchejw
 Rep: 111 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Well, get used to same old same old then.  I gave you an out and you're just going to mitch it away.  So be it.

My out is what? Have I been outta line? yes...have you?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 119 

Re: US Politics Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I always read and appreciate the effort you put in with your posts Randall. I disagree a lot with what you say, but you do your research which is clear and I'm happy to agree to disagree on things no problem. As you said, when insults are flung then I'll return it.

I really wanted to say something on your comments on racism. Yes I called you a racist I explained why, but let me just put it out there for all.
I called you a racist after you came on posting about how George Floyd shouldn't have resisted. That was the context in which I made the reply. I think we all agree perspective matters. I have and do take back that comment. You admitted yourself after seeing the video how dumb your initial post was. I accepted that and moved on. If I respond to you or anyone with hostility, it is for a particular post. It's forgotten after that which is why you never see me constantly bringing up old shit.

All good brah.  A certain poster has repeatedly accused me of racism when he manufactures post to argue against.  Consider it a pet peeve.

bigbri
 Rep: 332 

Re: US Politics Thread

bigbri wrote:

We all need a beer. I’d like to think I don’t take things personally. I don’t post as much as everyone else and don’t have time  to do really long, involved posts, so maybe I’m not as invested. I do shake my head at posts quite often.

If we all met in real life, we could probably sit around and throw down and get along just fine. I talk politics with my neighbor over beers quite often; he’s libertarian. I have coffee every Saturday with my 85 year old veteran neighbor who watches my dogs when I go on vacation. One guess who he supports! We also discuss politics, but civilly.

I’m not sure what it is about online that makes that different. I try to treat it the same way, but it’s hard.

This one’s for Flagg: Did you see CNN reached one of the boogaloo boys who was packin’ in the Minneapolis riots? I actually saw this dude either in a livestream or Facebook photo or something. Somebody outed him on the spot because of his distinctive hair. https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/us/booga … index.html

misterID
 Rep: 459 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

It's because we're not face to face, we lose nuance, sarcasm, and a lot of times, some decency. We don't have the chance to laugh, smile, and all that shit. The screen is a barrier. It's why Twitter is a cesspool. No one would speak that way to each other in real life... At least, the majority wouldn't. We're not arguing with a person but, sometimes, a pretty eneloquent post of thought. It's good to take a breath before responding.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 432 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

It's because we're not face to face, we lose nuance, sarcasm, and a lot of times, some decency. We don't have the chance to laugh, smile, and all that shit. The screen is a barrier. It's why Twitter is a cesspool. No one would speak that way to each other in real life... At least, the majority wouldn't. We're not arguing with a person but, sometimes, a pretty eneloquent post of thought. It's good to take a breath before responding.

There's truth to this for sure.  I think some of that is because when you're talking to someone or a group of people, you can correct a misunderstanding of what was said immediately.  Once someone thinks something was said (when it wasn't), it's hard for them to let go of it.  It's also harder to admit you're wrong when you hold onto being wrong for so long.

Nobody likes being wrong, but all of us are from time to time. Unless one of us isn't human...

mitchejw
 Rep: 111 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 50 

Re: US Politics Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Damn that Sharpton eulogy, dude can give a speech. I won't lie I got emotional a few times during this funeral.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB