You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:

Look what’s going on in pro sports...what are they offering? 15% of your salary to start MLB again?

I see the owners using this as an excuse to greatly weaken the players union...the owners will make all losses back. This is a chance to put a strangle hold on the Union for decades.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Good point.  I know most of the nurses working in close quarters with COVID-19 patients are making around 60k a year.  But those athletes throwing a ball outdoors are definitely being fucked over by not being paid millions to do so.  I heard a 4 star general makes $140k a year regardless if he/she is in a warzone.  I for one think we should take some of the pay for nurses and generals to make sure protesters and professional athletes are comfortable.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Good point.  I know most of the nurses working in close quarters with COVID-19 patients are making around 60k a year.  But those athletes throwing a ball outdoors are definitely being fucked over by not being paid millions to do so.  I heard a 4 star general makes $140k a year regardless if he/she is in a warzone.  I for one think we should take some of the pay for nurses and generals to make sure protesters and professional athletes are comfortable.

Fair point...

If this happens in the direction you want to take it....

Pro athletes have on average 3-5 years to make a career’s worth of money.

Let’s take out the 20-35% that make it into free agency where they’re bid upon. These people are the .1% of their profession. They still participate in the union. Hmm...wonder why.

Are you opposed to those in the .1% of their field making millions?

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

They already have destroyed unions in Wisconsin...that is the republican strategy...much of what Trump is doing was already done in Wisconsin. Bought off Supreme Court that is totally political and proud of it.

That’s fine if you think Democrats do nothing. I’m can’t point to one thing a republican at the state or federal level has ever done for me.

The republicans will destroy the middle class on a moments notice or they can get more tax cuts for the rich. It’s obvious where free market capitalism end up. Monopolies. Everything consolidates into one massive company that a handful of people run and benefit from while the masses are pawns in a race to minimum wage and maximum hours.

Trump is the embodiment of a republican. Born on third base...stays on third base...pats himself on the back.

The comments on racism are absurd.

Of course, they do.  What has Trump done as president?  I mean actual legislation and all that other stuff.  Tax cut for the rich.  Which doesn't really work (see Sam Brownback failed governership in Kansas).  And that Tariff/trade war that hasn't helped anyone and has hurt farmers/agriculture here.

Here's another one: they always complain about Obamacare.  And even tried to repeal it.  But they never offered an alternative, in the time that they controlled both houses under Obama till now.  I'm fine if you don't like it but offer up an alternative/your vision if you're going to take away health coverage from millions who need it.  And they didn't offer up anything.  They just didn't like it (for the most part) because it was an Obama piece of legislation.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I agree that first responders/nurses along with teachers are vastly underpaid.  And athletes are overpaid.  But unions are important though otherwise their employers, in the sports case, MLB, would try to fuck over the players like they are doing now with an instance of like a 48 game schedule or whatever.

These guys are just entertainers and there's a markets (i.e.  us) but they do have rights.  If your employer wanted to DRASTICALLY reduce your salary in this enviroment, unilaterrally, and implement changes without your consent, you'd be upset too.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I felt it today...for no reason...

I was pulled over on a Michigan interstate with my black wife and my mixed children....flat tire...routine shit...

and here comes a state highway patrol...I was legit afraid...

Two guys were respectful...helpful...and quite frankly amazing...

but for one second...I think I felt it...

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I know what you mean. The Nepalese family 2 houses down asked for some help unloading lumber out of their truck. As I carried the wood to their back yard, I thought “is this it?  Is this when Mount Everest erupts in Pittsburgh?” Luckily they just wanted to build some raised gardens and thanked me. But for a second....

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I know what you mean. The Nepalese family 2 houses down asked for some help unloading lumber out of their truck. As I carried the wood to their back yard, I thought “is this it?  Is this when Mount Everest erupts in Pittsburgh?” Luckily they just wanted to build some raised gardens and thanked me. But for a second....

Yea... i can see how my concern for my children equates to you being an entitled douche bag.

5h6pe1hu75n01.jpg

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

A ton of new cases of Corona reported in many states...good thing Trump declared it over and cured...

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Yea... i can see how my concern for my children equates to you being an entitled douche bag.

https://i.redd.it/5h6pe1hu75n01.jpg

Yes, because the news is just littered with state cops killing random mixed race children along the side of the road.  Glad you guys survived that perilous situation.

Board footer