You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Richard Fortus Gretsch Guitars Instragram Q and A

AtariLegend wrote:

Rough transcript if not video will probably come.

Hopefully someone uploads it on youtube or posts a link to a stream.

Paraphrased selections:
- Says he doesn't want go talk about a new album, cause he doesn't want to spoil surprises.
- Is asked how did he last so long in gn'r, says don't piss anyone off.
- Is asked about when did Axl tell him about Slash/Duff coming back, say Axl didn't tell him about it.
- Someone says new album doesn't exist, Fortus says okay
- Someone gets him to read out your too hardschool (Don't think 4tus realizes what it is).

That's it really... mostly just him trying to talk about guitars.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

*shows up at rehearsal*

Oh, hey... Slash.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Is asked about when did Axl tell him about Slash/Duff coming back, say Axl didn't tell him about it.

While we already knew this, that's the perfect example of how horribly mismanaged this band really is.

They don't give a shit about the salaried employees. Not respected enough to even bother pretending that they're in the loop.

They actually reunited without cluing in the employees that anything was happening.

Duff: "Fuck Izzy"

That line goes for the rest of them too.

They're just along for the ride. Can stay or leave...you'll be replaced with someone equally as clueless.

Unreal.

The biggest travesty of the past 25 years is how GNR has been managed.

These guys need to stop being asked about ANYTHING.

They don't know.... they'll never know.

This is why Pitman was so easily expendable. It's true of everyone else too.

Someone gets him to read out your too hardschool (Don't think 4tus realizes what it is)

Holy shit. He really doesn't know what it is.

It's true....the ex CD members really did come to the forums for any news.

Edit

This completely destroys what the insiders said about Fortus being in the loop long before it officially happened and working on material with Slash.

2nd edit

If there really is material in the pipeline, the employees were never in the loop. It's the 'Big 3' working on it and more than likely just Slash and Duff....Axls vocals were finished 20 years ago.

If he doesn't know what Hardshool is, he doesn't know anything about any of it.

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Tortilla_Man wrote:

What about Hardschool being on the Alt setlist, and being performed at soundcheck in Mexico 2020.

AtariLegend wrote:

What I meant was, I don't think Fortus got what fans were trying to get him to read in terms of Hardschool. Like it went over his head, I'm sure he's heard since it was soundchecked. However he wouldn't have been on that demo and I don't think Fortus frequents the forums.

He does however seem to be aware it's the Axl, Slash and Duff show. Thia is just my interpetation.

James

James wrote:

He does however seem to be aware it's the Axl, Slash and Duff show.

This dynamic along with mismanagement is the main reason the fan base gets so little whether it's music, communication, etc.

It was the Axl show during the CD years. Different but the same.

The right hand never tells the left hand what's going on...so the left hand spends years posting non-existent updates and hyping an album that's never coming.

Of course something can materialize at any moment but anyone not named Axl, Slash, or Duff is just as clueless as fans.

Sky Dog wrote:

James is still waiting to see Fortus’ name on one song writing credit. Almost 18 years in the band....no songs to his name! fortustongue

James

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

James is still waiting to see Fortus’ name on one song writing credit. Almost 18 years in the band....no songs to his name! fortustongue

Damn straight....

I know I used to really hammer that point home and his fan club despised inconvenient truths...but it's a window not just into the dynamics but also how so little was done creatively after he joined.

The Village Sessions vindicated the so called haters. Of course their rebuttal would be " Fortus wasn't in the band yet!!"

That reinforces the point.

For the duration of the CD saga, they were still on that same set of songs.

After the Village Sessions, there was never some huge burst of creativity that infused a bunch of new ingredients into the Chinese stew. It was simply a case of reheating the sweet and sour chicken over and over.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
James wrote:

Is asked about when did Axl tell him about Slash/Duff coming back, say Axl didn't tell him about it.

While we already knew this, that's the perfect example of how horribly mismanaged this band really is.

They don't give a shit about the salaried employees. Not respected enough to even bother pretending that they're in the loop.

They actually reunited without cluing in the employees that anything was happening.

Duff: "Fuck Izzy"

That line goes for the rest of them too.

They're just along for the ride. Can stay or leave...you'll be replaced with someone equally as clueless.

Unreal.

The biggest travesty of the past 25 years is how GNR has been managed.

These guys need to stop being asked about ANYTHING.

They don't know.... they'll never know.

This is why Pitman was so easily expendable. It's true of everyone else too.

Someone gets him to read out your too hardschool (Don't think 4tus realizes what it is)

Holy shit. He really doesn't know what it is.

It's true....the ex CD members really did come to the forums for any news.

Edit

This completely destroys what the insiders said about Fortus being in the loop long before it officially happened and working on material with Slash.

2nd edit

If there really is material in the pipeline, the employees were never in the loop. It's the 'Big 3' working on it and more than likely just Slash and Duff....Axls vocals were finished 20 years ago.

If he doesn't know what Hardshool is, he doesn't know anything about any of it.

To be fair, I know the promoter who was going to do the tour before Livenation took over, and they all negotiated their share individually with their own lawyers, so I'm not sure if Fortus is an employee, as such. But, Slash, Duff and Axl are the GN'R partnership. I'm not sure how it all slots together, but Fortus is somewhere between employee and partner and his own person.

James

James wrote:

That sounds even worse. In other words, Axl, Slash, and Duff are GNR and these companies are doing separate, smaller deals with the musicians not in GNR.

It also sounds like a hassle.

If GNR actually ran like it was a major band and they released stuff, I'd suggest going the Metallica route and treating it like a corporation.

Board footer