You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: Will new music be released in 2020?

jimmythegent wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I love Back Off Bitch!
Juvenile lyrics aside, that slippery sloppy Slash intro riff

That's Izzy

Will new music be released in 2020?

Yes, Q1 26%
Yes, Q2 7%
Yes, Q3 2%
Yes, Q4 12%
No 52%
Total votes: 42
metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I love Back Off Bitch!

That's Izzy

No way. That’s got Slash all over it.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I love Back Off Bitch!

That's Izzy

I’m going Izzy. Assuming we’re talking about the verse riff and not the opening lead and calling that an intro riff.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

That's Izzy

I’m going Izzy. Assuming we’re talking about the verse riff and not the opening lead and calling that an intro riff.

I’m talking about the intro lead actually. And that is most definitely Slash

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I’m talking about the intro lead actually. And that is most definitely Slash

Ok makes sense.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

The verse riff sounds like Slash too, because they have kind of a harmonic squeal thing going on, which is something Slash would likely play, not Izzy.

I’m happy to keep that up for debate though, as long haven’t seen or heard enough of isolated Izzy rhythm to confirm it’s not him.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

The verse riff sounds like Slash too, because they have kind of a harmonic squeal thing going on, which is something Slash would likely play, not Izzy.

I’m happy to keep that up for debate though, as long haven’t seen or heard enough of isolated Izzy rhythm to confirm it’s not him.

Slash definitely contributes but the tone/volume shift signal Izzy to me.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Well, I’m happy to admit that I was wrong. I came across this in doing some research about UYI. From an interview with Slash:

On the Illusion albums, Izzy Stradlin is credited with rhythm guitar while you're credited with lead and rhythm. How does that break down on any given track?

Slash: It's simple. Izzy, even on the songs he wrote, put on a very bare-bones guitar part -- just basic chords. And sometimes, very rarely, a single-note melody. He has one guitar solo on Illusion I -- at the beginning of "Back Off Bitch."

You also solo on "Back Off Bitch."

Slash: Yeah, I play the main solo. I used to play this high-end trill thing for the first solo, but I could never play it consistently. So I just took it off altogether and let Izzy put a lead on, which is really a lot cooler.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Well, I’m happy to admit that I was wrong. I came across this in doing some research about UYI. From an interview with Slash:

On the Illusion albums, Izzy Stradlin is credited with rhythm guitar while you're credited with lead and rhythm. How does that break down on any given track?

Slash: It's simple. Izzy, even on the songs he wrote, put on a very bare-bones guitar part -- just basic chords. And sometimes, very rarely, a single-note melody. He has one guitar solo on Illusion I -- at the beginning of "Back Off Bitch."

You also solo on "Back Off Bitch."

Slash: Yeah, I play the main solo. I used to play this high-end trill thing for the first solo, but I could never play it consistently. So I just took it off altogether and let Izzy put a lead on, which is really a lot cooler.

Yea that's the one. I think it was from a Guitar World magazine I had  from around 92

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Here's to you, Matt big_smile

Board footer