You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Matt Sorum's book leaks online.

James wrote:

I also think Brain walked away for similar reasons.

Nah, Brain definitely left because of his new family; that recent interview with Melissa pretty much lays out that he was being offered big band gigs like NIN during that period, and wasn't interested.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I agree that there were attempts to get a reunion up and running in 2006-ish, but I'm not sure how involved Axl was; it seems pretty clear that Azoff was actively trying to make it happen, but Axl saw it as an attempt to undermine the CD band. The moment wasn't right, not least because he was trying to get CD out the door, and a reunion would mean spiking the album and reworking it with Slash and Duff, just as Axl thought he'd got it pretty much locked down.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm not sure how involved Axl was

The fact that a drunk Slash was running to Axl's house in the middle of the night begging forgiveness is a fairly good indicator that Axl wasn't out of the loop.

Speaking of being out of loops, interesting that this was his claim about both the 2001 attempt at putting together a tour and the 2002 fiasco.

Various people attempting to get Axl to move forward in two crucial years without his knowledge initially?

Why on Earth would they do that? Was it because they were worried about their own position, livelihood, etc if a tophat wearing, cigarette smoking mofo comes back into the fold?

he was trying to get CD out the door

Yeah...in a very short window in time.

Hindsight tells us he lost interest in this fairly quickly... even quicker than the most negative of fans assumed at the time.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

I'm not sure how involved Axl was

The fact that a drunk Slash was running to Axl's house in the middle of the night begging forgiveness is a fairly good indicator that Axl wasn't out of the loop.

Speaking of being out of loops, interesting that this was his claim about both the 2001 attempt at putting together a tour and the 2002 fiasco.

Various people attempting to get Axl to move forward in two crucial years without his knowledge initially?

Why on Earth would they do that? Was it because they were worried about their own position, livelihood, etc if a tophat wearing, cigarette smoking mofo comes back into the fold?

2004 or 2005 the feud was still pretty intense and I agree that there was no way he was out of the "loop."

Oh, I had totally forgotten about those lame excuses for 2001 and 2002 tours.  Amateur hour at it's best.  It doesn't even make any logical sense.  Mr detailed and controlling and meticulous Axl Rose had tours booked without his knowledge? LOL.

James

James wrote:

The excuses start making more sense if you consider that they're a cover for something else....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If Slash had come back while with Perla it would have been an epic disaster.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I don’t think a reunion was imminent in 2002 but 2006 is in play. Bucket quit in 2004 and Bumble got the gig days before Hammerstein? What??!

Edited to say I wonder if the 2006 leaks had anything to do with Axl nixing a reunion...maybe reading the forums and saying, “hey maybe I can actually do this.”

James

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I don’t think a reunion was imminent in 2002 but 2006 is in play. Bucket quit in 2004 and Bumble got the gig days before Hammerstein? What??!

Edited to say I wonder if the 2006 leaks had anything to do with Axl nixing a reunion...maybe reading the forums and saying, “hey maybe I can actually do this.”

In hindsight 2006 feels like a quicky thrown together plan B....

The album was no closer to being released in 2006 than it was in 2002.

No reason to tour at that point....unless your original plan imploded and you've got to quickly justify the existence of the project.

I remember the story that came out about one of those early shows....Axl refusing to come out of his dressing room for hours and Finck banging on the door.

I immediately thought, "He doesn't even want to be there".

One other thing....

Don't forget...Azoff the only reason we got the album in the first place.

James

James wrote:

Slash also didn't want him at the Rock N Roll hall of fame

Slash's instinct was right and he should've stuck to his guns. It's amazing how Slash never seemed to understand the leverage he really had.... especially in a HOF situation where Axl isn't even coming.

Sorum ruined the moment with his wisecracks about Adler's drug use.

As for Duff, there's a few things... but the books final chapter is Matt trying to get Duff to insist on him joining. Duff says I already signed

I still get a kick out of this.

Duff spent the better part of a decade rebranding himself as a financial guru yet comes across like Jeff Spicoli here...

Bro, I already signed the deal!!

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

Slash also didn't want him at the Rock N Roll hall of fame

Slash's instinct was right and he should've stuck to his guns. It's amazing how Slash never seemed to understand the leverage he really had.... especially in a HOF situation where Axl isn't even coming.

Sorum ruined the moment with his wisecracks about Adler's drug use.

As for Duff, there's a few things... but the books final chapter is Matt trying to get Duff to insist on him joining. Duff says I already signed

I still get a kick out of this.

Duff spent the better part of a decade rebranding himself as a financial guru yet comes across like Jeff Spicoli here...

Bro, I already signed the deal!!

I can safely say I have seen nothing having to do with the HoF. Did Sorum really trash Adler? While Adler was there?

Board footer