You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Robin Finck officially records new NIN album, released last night

James wrote:

Someone be kind and post mega and yousendit links to the album in this thread for those having trouble accessing the album from the NIN site.

Many thanks.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

my hotmail account worked immediately..weird

anyway if noone has uploaded it by the time i get home i'll put it up for everyone 22

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Got mines now. I'll megaup this just now.

James

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Got mines now. I'll megaup this just now.

Add a yousendit link as well. Some people have trouble with megaupload.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

Right the Megaup link got deleted for TOS violation as soon as I clicked on it. So I'm gonna sendspace and yousendit.

Sorry it's gonna take a while longer.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axl S

Axl S wrote:
Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Very cool. A performing credit as really the height of recognition from the NIN camp. He's as involved as those who aren't Trent can be in that group. He must feel pretty great about now, and if Axl just woke up to see this I'm sure he's having some regrets.

I didn't have time to DL before school so I'm just listening to it for the first time now.

James

James wrote:

The chick I was with last night did not like this record. Discipline was def the smart move as the first track, as it is a bit catchy and even she was digging that. The album drones on though. We were doing other things, but this album was played in its entirety and neither of us were very impressed.

I listened to it again on the way home in my car so I could get a better feel for the music, and while a couple more tracks caught my attention than last night, this album is subpar at best. Its got a few decent tracks loaded with filler.

Where is the presence of Finck? I'm not feeling his vibe here. Josh Freese? You cant even tell that someone that talented is even on this record.

This is Trent's baby. Period. I will give Trent kudos for his understanding of the massive change in the industry, and his willingness to think outside the box. Artists should have been doing this for years. Very, VERY cool of TRent to give this album away for free, but I really think a bit more time should have been spent on it. Its like a bunch of jumbled ideas thrown together.

Gonna listen to it again today though here at home.

Stand out tracks so far:

Discipline
Corona Radiata
the four of us are dying

The rest is scrap heap material.

Pretty obvious this album was rushed so they'd have something to tour behind.

I'd like to see this lineup in a studio for a solid year and see what they could come up with. The potential is there, but it falls way short of greatness.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I like this as a quick follow-up to Ghosts. It's more like Still and Broken than the real NIN albums (PHM, TDS, TF, WT, YZ) and I think the instrumentals are unnecesarry, but I really like it as a loud NIN with distorted guitar instead of computer noise (YZ).

My favorite tracks are Echoplex, Head Down, Lights In the Sky, and Demon Seed.

I think Letting You sounds a lot like Prick, btw.

Board footer