You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Weiland identifies with Axl - RollingStone

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

if you want to blame axl alone then you need to give him alone credit for a couple of albums titled USE YOUR ILLUSIONS cause they were axl's vision and it was axl's vision that slash didn't agree with and that was a big factor in the breakup which started with the recording of these albums when axl took over creative control.

Wrong.  Very, very wrong.  The illusions album were not Axl's vision.  They were a mish mosh of everybody's vision.  Axl, Izzy, Slash, and Duff all had songs on there of their choosing.  It was done in an effort to keep the peace and keep all sides as happy as possible.  Obviously it didn't work, but if you think the Illusions albums were all Axl's vision, you need to go back and listen to them again.

you are proving my point anyways
why would they need to go out of their way to create a "mish mosh" in order "to keep the peace"?
answer: cause axl was already asserting himself and his visions and slash didn't like it.

i am not saying axl is reposnsible for creating uyi's by himself. i am saying his process of being himself on these two albums and as it pertained to being in the band left a huge mark on the albums and, at the same time, helped lead to the band's demise.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

UYI was Axl's vision? I'm a fan since 1989, but it was new to me. UYI is a collection of solo albums, with some band efforts.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I jumped into this thread late. People actually think UYI is "Axl's vision"?

Go check the credits. Almost half of it is "Izzy's vision".

I agree with those that say the project was mainly just everyone bringing there own thing in, and the chemistry between the band was great so they pulled it off.

There was no "vision". It was a band on the verge of peaking, and they knew it. The albums have their faults, but lots of ambition in those tracks.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

"Right Next Door To Hell"  (Stradlin / Caltia / Rose)
"Dust N' Bones" (Stradlin / McKagan / Slash)
"Live And Let Die" (Paul and Linda McCartney)
"Don't Cry (Original)" (Stradlin / Rose)
"Perfect Crime" (Stradlin / Slash / Rose)
"You Ain't The First" (Stradlin)
"Bad Obsession" (Stradlin / Arkeen)
"Back Off Bitch" (Huge / Rose)
"Double Talkin' Jive" (Stradlin)
"November Rain" (Rose)
"The Garden" (Arkeen / James / Rose)
"Garden Of Eden" (Slash / Rose)
"Don't Damn Me" (Slash / Lank / Rose)
"Bad Apples" (Slash / McKagan / Stradlin / Rose)
"Dead Horse" (Rose)
"Coma" (Slash / Rose)
"Civil War" (Slash / McKagan / Rose)
"14 Years " (Stradlin / Rose)
"Yesterdays" (Arkeen / James / McCloud / Rose)
"Knockin' On Heaven's Door" (Bob Dylan)
"Get In The Ring" (Slash / McKagan / Rose)
"Shotgun Blues" (Rose)
"Breakdown" (Rose)
"Pretty Tied Up (The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence)" (Stradlin)
"Locomotive (Complicity)" (Slash / Rose)
"So Fine" (McKagan)
"Estranged" (Rose)
"You Could Be Mine" (Stradlin / Rose) 
"Don't Cry (Alt. Lyrics)" (Stradlin / Rose)
"My World" (Rose)

Total Band Credits:
Axl - 22/30 = 45.8%
Slash - 9/30 = 18.8%
Izzy - 12/30 = 25.0%
Duff - 5/30 = 10.4%

though we know this is bullshit cuz Axl took credit on 2 of Slash's songs Coma and Locomotive....yet for Axl's 2 big tracks (November Rain and Estranged) only Axl takes credit but clearly both tracks would be nowhere the quality they are without Slash's work...aslo we know that every band member pretty much wrote their own parts....aside from the tracks where axl doesnt take credit those tracks had lyrics written by whoever gets credit for the songs...

i've said this many times but when i saw the credits listed like this back when they first came out i knew somethign was up...in AFD everythign is credited to Guns N Roses..not to individual members

Sky Dog wrote:

Neemo, the guy who writes 100% of the lyrics in a song is going to ALWAYS get a writing credit. Locomotive and Coma are all Axl lyrics. Please, those songs are made by the great lyrics. Some of Axl's best....to go along with Nov Rain and Estranged. So go ahead and give Slash two more......he has 11 of 30. 16 and by the way, that is roughly the formula that Slash created when they said Axl had 42% of the credits according to SLASH'S formula-source, Steven Adler trial. The Axl bashing has to slow down at some point.....he's a jackass, but GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE, he wrote the majority of lyrics which will always get credits.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

Neemo, the guy who writes 100% of the lyrics in a song is going to ALWAYS get a writing credit. Locomotive and Coma are all Axl lyrics. Please, those songs are made by the great lyrics. Some of Axl's best....to go along with Nov Rain and Estranged.

i dunno i veiw a song as being more than just lyrics....like i said neither NR nor estranged without Slash's licks wouldnt be much of a song hmm yet only axl takes credit on them...axl even said that Slash brought estranged to a higher level by his amzing work on it....i'm not saying axls lyrics suck...but credit should have been given where credit was due....we've all heard the NR demos....nothign special...yet the finished product is killer 9

i think that all songs should be given credit to all members cuz each guy did their own thing...without all the band the songs are nothing uless we want drum machines and computer bass lines

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Locomotive is 'made" by Slash's guitar work. Estranged would be nothing but a sappy over extended piano ballad without Slash's guitar echoing Axl's vocals.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Also lyrics are nothing without the right musical arrangement behind them.

Board footer