You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Pretty much every post I made had a question or multiple.

Lloyd ain't no martyr and whether he had drugs in his system or not they are responsible for his death.

Bringing up his past is serving what purpose exactly? It seems to me a strawman rather than deal with the issue . Dragging his name through the mud before discussing how the cops killed him seems very disingenuous. It's like you must bad mouth all these victims  in order to justify why you feel the cops are getting a raw deal. They ain't. This shit has been building for decades. People are sick of it.

Not saying that is how you feel, but it sure is how you come across.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Pretty much every post I made had a question or multiple.

Lloyd ain't no maytr, and whether he had drugs in his system or not they are responsible for his death.

Bringing up his past is serving what purpose exactly? It seems to me a strawman rather than deal with the issue . Dragging his name through the mud before discussing how the cops killed him seems very disingenuous.

I don't believe your claim is evidenced with the publicly available information.  Floyd actively resisted arrest once moved towards the vehicle.  I have watched all available videos.  The ones out around his death didn't show what happened after.  Floyd is clearly under the influence, and is actively refusing to be put in the vehicle.  He repeatedly says he can't breathe while sitting upright and before police restrained him.  He's shown inside the police vehicle resisting arrest, saying he can't breathe and is claustrophobic.  This goes on for a couple minutes.  The Floyd kicks himself out of the police car, and Chauvin restrains him.  Floyd says he can't breathe, just as he had been the minutes before he was laying on the ground.  A carotid choke doesn't take 5 or 9 minutes to kill you.  The original coroner report blamed his death on his poor health and the lethal dose of fentanyl in his system.  His family's lawyer hired other coroners who conveniently agreed with the family narrative.  Then they quickly buried Floyd. 

A jury will weigh all of this evidence plus all that which we're not aware of.  If knowing this information, you can confidently say the police are responsible for his death, good for you.  I can appreciate that stance, but to ignore any evidence to the contrary makes me wonder if objectivity is possible.  I'm inclined to agree with you, but I made the mistake of assuming the original police report, then made another opinion based off limited video.  I don't have all the information, and I know that the media isn't interested in providing that to me.  Otherwise they wouldn't be bending over backwards to make Rittenhouse look like a vigilante rather than a 17 year old being chased by antia fucks trying to kill him for putting out their fires.  Yea, there's now a video that shows that too.  But you won't hear that on any channel.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Well whether you believe it or not it happened. Of course the cops will get off, but the whole world seen that video and stood with you. They weren't duped ffs.

Are you trying to tell me the cops didn't aid in his death? Because that's what it sounds like and if that's what you believe then I would say you are the minority.

What are you talking about carotid chokes for when that isn't what we seen. We seen a man slowly suffocate from his back and neck being restricted. 

I'm actually concerned for your objectivity tbh. The day Lloyd died you came on here saying how he deserved it and was resisting and shit. Then when folk called you out you said you hadn't seen the video. Something I doubted but didn't question.

But here you are again and you seem to be edging back to that totally uninformed position.

Randall Flagg

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Are you trying to tell me the cops didn't aid in his death? Because that's what it sounds like and if that's what you believe then I would say you are the minority.

I can't say that with certainty, but yea I'm with you.  They absolutely contributed to/aided in his death.  I'm not defending Chauvin keeping his knee on Floyd's (It's Floyd, not Lloyd) "neck", especially for 3-4 minutes after Floyd quit moving.  I'm simply stating that I can't say with certainty his knee was on his neck.  It could have been on his back.  The angle makes this ambiguous.  I don't know if you're familiar with fentanyl and the opioid crisis in the US.  I've had family members suffer from it.  But the original coroner's report said Floyd had a lethal dose in his system.  Did the cops contribute?, I accept it as so.  But would Floyd have lived if he didn't have a cocktail of fentanyl and meth in his system?  I don't know that either, but the original coroner's report made that claim.  My entire point is that you have to consider all evidence and information.  Not just the one that invokes the most outrage.   

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

What are you talking about carotid chokes for when that isn't what we seen. We seen a man slowly suffocate from his back and neck being restricted.

I've seen plenty of people on TV and on the internet say it was a chokehold.  There was this whole thing in the US about them removing the carotid chokehold in nearly every major city after Floyd.  Maybe you heard about this, maybe you didn't.  But it was and is absolutely a common statement from BLM activists.  I can get you pictures of the spray paint in Pittsburgh.

The coroner says the fentanyl killed him.  I'm not making a claim one way or the other.  Simply stating that after reviewing the totality of public information to include all videos, I can't support your claim beyond a reasonable doubt.

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I'm actually concerned for your logic tbh. The day Lloyd died you came on here saying how he deserved it and was resisting and shit. Then when folk called you out you said you hadn't seen the video. Something I doubted but didn't question.

But here you are again and you seem to be edging back to that totally uninformed position.

You're correct.  I accepted the police narrative while out at my fiance's lake house with sporadic cell reception.  Then I watched the video and saw Chauvin keep his knee on Floyd's neck for 3 minutes after Floyd stopped responding.  That's why I called for then and support now Chauvin being charged with 2nd degree murder.  Cause that's what the video looks like. 

But I've also seen the newest video that didn't exist in the 2 months after Floyd's death.  And it shows Floyd resisting arrest.  Have you seen the video, or are you making the mistake I learned from almost 4 months ago?  Please don't impugn my motives.  I'll extend you the same courtesy. 

I'm not supporting the death of Floyd.  Just stating that no one can conclusively and confidently believe a version of what happened without considering all the evidence and context.  You don't get to ignore Floyd had a lethal does of a narcotic in his system, was high on meth and weed, and suffering from COVID-19 in the consideration of how much at fault Chauvin is for Floyd's death.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

That was a good well thought out answer and I agree for the most part. 2nd degree and all that agreed.
I have seen the other videos, it still doesn't excuse the misuse of power, which we agree on.
I think what I mainly disagree about is I believe the evidence is there and sufficient.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

When my dad shot himself in the house 10 years ago, everyone heard it.

Hey man, sorry to hear this. I'm not sure you ever posted it but I don't recall reading it or knowing about it.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Jesus I don't know how I missed that. Very sorry to hear that and for your loss.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Woman, just tasered for not wearing a mask.
More misuse of power.

Randall Flagg

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Woman, just tasered for not wearing a mask.
More misuse of power.

She repeatedly resisted arrest and refused to be handcuffed. You don’t get to do that if you’re Black or White, man or woman.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … -Ohio.html

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

She was a petite woman vs a burly cop and wtf are people being arrested for no mask?

Board footer