You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: You are the new manager of Gn'R, what do you do?

otto wrote:

1: Get a fuckin' album out. Be it CD left overs or whatever good material 95-97 lineup had, but a GREAT 12 song album released in 3 song packs in Spotify with a Deluxe edition.
2: No more "let's play in your backyard for money" tours. Fewer shows, more time for Axl to recover and get him in to a LEGAL, physical commit to be 100% vocally and fit
3: Whatever is left from CD lineups, Axl releases as solo + whatever his instrumental ideas. Get him a movie deal to appease his Trent fettish.
4: With UYI Anniversary, release Perfect Crime doc on YouTube as an extended 3h version with new interviews (Tom Petty's Running Down a Dream is a great example)
5: Whatever is on the vault from CD era, release as Axl Rose and promote it as solo on social (YouTube, Spotify, whatever)
6: Whatever is on the vault from 86-97 or 2016-onwards release and promote as GNR

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Offer a new single to a blockbuster movie summer 2021
Release an album of the current Slash/Duff/Axl material Q4 2021.
Release unreleased cuts from Chinese Democracy era (finished, not demos) summer 2022. Also sell a song to a movie.
Release box set or double album of early mid 90s & UYI stuff Q4 2022.

Netflix bio-pic 2023.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

I hate the idea of blockbuster movies and biopics and all that bullshit.

It's nonsense.

It's 2020 and if a movie track is up for grabs it's going to PopThot 2021 or Rap Guy #3080.

Release music. If it's good, people will listen to it.

If it's middling, your fanbase will be pleased and you'll get a paycheck.

Just... do it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Pretty sure the "vault" is empty aside from half baked bullshit, mostly with no lyrics, that we all got to DL a few months back

I dont think there is much if anything pre CD in this mystical vault except maybe live stuff...i could be wrong tho

Besides who is interested in this shit aside from a few thousand diehards? Fan base has been dwindling for years

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

You mean you didn't like the majesty that was The Plague?

I think there's probably 1 album in the can, that's it.

Who knows what UYI stuff is out there. I think they blew their wad with the AFD box set because they knew it was their last shot.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

My best guess is that to be the manager of this band, you'd take orders, not give them.

Managing them probably involves eating a lot of shit.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

New tracks for the public, in digital & physical format. That would generate new revenue and make the artist feel better (given the tracks are good and promoted proper).

Commission a proper documentary film glossing over the career of the artist. Get 'his side' out there, so that people could applaud his career achievements.

Let the artist slip into further semi-retirement, feeling secure with whatever legacy he has at that point.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

- Get Axl on a proper healthy diet and exercise regime
- Request access to whatever material is in consideration for an album
- immediately cull any Paul Huge rave-ups
- Push for them to record their absolute A-list material (hopefully there is a bit of this) fresh in the  studio (if they haven't already) - no CD rehash  (as in using old recordings - songs from this era are re-recorded by this band from the bottom up) - this NITL band recording the best songs they have now - with an emphasis on getting a 'band' sound - an esteemed producer and a cohesive sound. As above, Uncle Axl will be in shape and at his best performance wise.
- Try and get some Izzy songs secured in this set and give him some cameo appearances on the record
- Promote the hell out of the album
- Tour the hell out of the album
- Rinse/repeat

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I quit, because this job is torture.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

New tracks for the public, in digital & physical format. That would generate new revenue and make the artist feel better (given the tracks are good and promoted proper).

Commission a proper documentary film glossing over the career of the artist. Get 'his side' out there, so that people could applaud his career achievements.

Let the artist slip into further semi-retirement, feeling secure with whatever legacy he has at that point.

That's an interesting take. Instead of 'hoping' it all comes together again, just accept what he did, sell it as a story, and let it be. Not sure Slash & Duff would be thrilled per se, (no tour, film focusing on Axl etc), but it's a different take than the 'Release a great album, release the vault, tour etc' opinions.

Almost more about just accept that its over. Monetize that.

Board footer