You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: How about a live album, guys?

While we're all stuck in this COVID-induced Groundhog Day and there's no chance of a new studio album (since its primary reason for being is to promote a new tour), how about dropping a live album with the best performances from the NITL tour? Worked for Queen + Adam Lambert.

Nightrain from Houston '16 would have to be on there, obvs. And TIL from Orlando '16.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Sorry not for me. If GNR had an extensive back catalogue I might be interested, but TBH hearing Jungle etc again and again just doesn’t interest me. If AC/DC can release albums in the pandemic why can’t GNR?

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Me neither. Wouldn’t buy it. Beyond that now.

Sky Dog wrote:

No thanks.

Sky Dog wrote:

Hey Jude was a single not attached to an album.....Jumpin’ Jack Flash wasn’t tied to an album either. Release a fucking song for God’s sake. axl

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Sorry not for me. If GNR had an extensive back catalogue I might be interested, but TBH hearing Jungle etc again and again just doesn’t interest me.

This is my feelings as well.

While technically my favorite band, other than the Village Sessions leak, I go years without listening to them. I got burnt out on them in my youth.

I can easily go 10 more years without hearing Jungle, SCOM, PC, etc.

Last time I heard those songs was when I saw them in Oakland a few years ago.

I'm with Sky Dog..... release a song. It won't hurt anything. It'll get them trending during the downtime.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Yeah it would be better than nothing but still not a step in right direction.... new music!

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

The Stones release a new live album what seems like every year and I always check them out.

The difference? Deeper catalogue, varied setlist, the band still caring, and them reworking arrangements.

None of the above are present in Corpo Roses.

I'd rather have 2001-2002 compilation which naturally won't be happening.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I mean, in the absence of anything else it'd be a nice sop to throw to the fanbase, and a pretty easy one to put together. Queen managed to rush-release a live album in a few months during the pandemic. Yeah, there's nothing new on there, yeah, most of the songs are already up on YouTube, but it hit number one and it'll be a nice little earner for them.

Would I like a 2001-2002 era live album? Or some classic gigs from the AFD/UYI days? Or a new studio album? Yeah, of course. But I'd happily listen to a decently-put-together NITL album too.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

https://youtu.be/ecva1Y38LBo

There’s a cover for you!

Board footer