You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

What the hell are you talking about?

Baby boy Trump has been throwing tantrums for 4 years and you’ve never called him mentally ill.

Is he patriotic or mentally ill?

Is it part of their culture to no longer be patriotic if someone other than Trump is president? Now that Biden might be president, are they no longer patriotic?

Face it man...you have one election data point in a state that always goes republican. And you talk about the people that voted for trump in an overly positive way. Sort of implies winning college educated men was almost like a loss, doesn’t it? Shotty analysis.

But you continue to shrug about the damage trump does to the constitution and to our government institutions.

You really do love Trump.

You're making up straw man arguments with what I said, and I guess you've ignored everything I've said about Trump, or when I've made these points before. I mean, the man baby hasn't done any damage to the constitution. Overly positive... I'm talking about these voters in a realistic way. The media and the left believed they would just go along with democrats because they were Hispanic, black and Muslim, but progressives are obviously offering them something they don't want or like. It's much more a rebuke of progressives than praising Trump.

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Hispanic Americans are largely conservative-religious, patriotic, capitalist, and against illegal immigration. Another twist? Not only did Trump attract more black men, but also Muslims, which Dems lost. Once the second-third generations became more Americanized, distancing away from their parents.

Yup that’s a trump supporter right there...

I’m a spoiled American who doesn’t give a shit about immigrants even if my mom and dad were immigrants.

You're doing great, Mitch.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Hey guys i think trump should go ahead with that recount in Wisconsin for $8 mill...he has no intention to pay the bill anyway.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Hispanic Americans are largely conservative-religious, patriotic, capitalist, and against illegal immigration. Another twist? Not only did Trump attract more black men, but also Muslims, which Dems lost. Once the second-third generations became more Americanized, distancing away from their parents.

I’m a spoiled American who doesn’t give a shit about immigrants even if my mom and dad were immigrants.

I actually agree with IDs post. Hispanics are usually just how he described. At least the many that I have known and grew up with plus the few who work for me. Who the 3 were actually Trump supporters. Those are the numbers, Trump did do better with voters of color than he did previously. I dont see what the big hoopla is about.  The right gain votes that were typically the left.

Amd no, I did not vote for Trump, nor am I a Republican. Im an independent.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I actually agree with IDs post. Hispanics are usually just how he described. At least the many that I have known and grew up with plus the few who work for me. Who the 3 were actually Trump supporters. Those are the numbers, Trump did do better with voters of color than he did previously. I dont see what the big hoopla is about.  The right gain votes that were typically the left.

My problem is that he amplified a tick in one direction and minimized a tick in the other direction. It's like the white, college vote doesn't matter BUT look at this minor tick in the Republican direction for Trump in the state of Texas...TEXAS?!

Talk about cherry picking stats.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

We are really looking at the reality of democrats losing the Hispanic community. What's ironic is that they were who Dems were going to use to seize control of the presidency and both houses by turning Texas blue, the way they turned California blue: illegal immigration. But the generational shift completely blew up in their faces.

Hispanic Americans are largely conservative-religious, patriotic, capitalist, and against illegal immigration. Another twist? Not only did Trump attract more black men, but also Muslims, which Dems lost. Once the second-third generations became more Americanized, distancing away from their parents and grandparents experience, immigration became less important and individual freedom and American idealism became more important. They embraced what affluent, college educated, and overwhelmingly white liberals took for granted: being American.

The only gains dems made are college educated whites.

I found this a good post. GOP kinda found a niche in an anti-uber liberal & free everything folks, as well as latino vote in some areas. I think you're black men & Muslims probably needs clarification. More than what, than he got in 2016? Low is low, an increase from 3.5 to 4.2 or something is negligible.

Anyway that aside, yeah the Dems possibly overreached again. Remember in 2016 John Kasich said on the debate stage 'You know, we're up here running for President and talking about what bathrooms people can use" and if you remember, thats the country we were back then. And immigration, I think 2 races now have proven completely open borders and cozying up to illegals isn't gaining new votes. On the flip side tho trump 'lost in a landslide' that he claimed Hillary lost in, so his build a wall and lock them up in cages likely wasn't a winner either.

With Pelosi on her way out soon, or at least likely soon time to give up SOTH, they need a new identity. Hope they realize AOC isn't it. She wins NYC & the NY/National media, but there's about 40 or so other states who aren't lock step in her thinking.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

My problem is that he amplified a tick in one direction and minimized a tick in the other direction. It's like the white, college vote doesn't matter BUT look at this minor tick in the Republican direction for Trump in the state of Texas...TEXAS?!

Talk about cherry picking stats.

I agree there was probably a little bit of that going on. Also, he lost Arizona, which is one of 4(?) states on the border/wall. In fact, he did pretty badly across all 4 'Wall' states.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Here is a more honest interpretation...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

They have found votes in 3 counties so far in Georgia. All in favor of trump. Hmmm

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

They have found votes in 3 counties so far in Georgia. All in favor of trump. Hmmm

And votes in other counties in favor of Biden. Dude it’s over. Trump lost. It was a fair election, no evidence of fraud. No way he’s making up 14k in Georgia or tens of thousands anywhere else. He’s done, and he knows it.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

We are really looking at the reality of democrats losing the Hispanic community. What's ironic is that they were who Dems were going to use to seize control of the presidency and both houses by turning Texas blue, the way they turned California blue: illegal immigration. But the generational shift completely blew up in their faces.

Hispanic Americans are largely conservative-religious, patriotic, capitalist, and against illegal immigration. Another twist? Not only did Trump attract more black men, but also Muslims, which Dems lost. Once the second-third generations became more Americanized, distancing away from their parents and grandparents experience, immigration became less important and individual freedom and American idealism became more important. They embraced what affluent, college educated, and overwhelmingly white liberals took for granted: being American.

The only gains dems made are college educated whites.

I found this a good post. GOP kinda found a niche in an anti-uber liberal & free everything folks, as well as latino vote in some areas. I think you're black men & Muslims probably needs clarification. More than what, than he got in 2016? Low is low, an increase from 3.5 to 4.2 or something is negligible.

Anyway that aside, yeah the Dems possibly overreached again. Remember in 2016 John Kasich said on the debate stage 'You know, we're up here running for President and talking about what bathrooms people can use" and if you remember, thats the country we were back then. And immigration, I think 2 races now have proven completely open borders and cozying up to illegals isn't gaining new votes. On the flip side tho trump 'lost in a landslide' that he claimed Hillary lost in, so his build a wall and lock them up in cages likely wasn't a winner either.

With Pelosi on her way out soon, or at least likely soon time to give up SOTH, they need a new identity. Hope they realize AOC isn't it. She wins NYC & the NY/National media, but there's about 40 or so other states who aren't lock step in her thinking.

I agree with this a lot.  Taking it further, Democrats SUCK at messaging.  I mean just one of the ones they used: "defund the police".  That one is horrible on multiple fronts, even if you agree with the BLM movement.   They need to find one who can articulate what they stand for is a simple and concise manner.  They go into nuance or have 2-3 different people talking into different things and have these inter-faction battles over whatever.

Conversely, look at the Republicans, once they want to get something done/message to send to the public.  They are almost in unison and you know what their viewpoint is (even if you disagree with it).

Board footer