You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: GN'R to tour Australia and New Zealand November 2021

Neemo wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Neemo wrote:

That would be fun...my youngest is into GnR now...and there was no active influence from me believe it or not

That’s awesome!

My kids have heard some of the classics quite frequently like SCOM, NR etc and like them. But out of nowhere the other day my son said “my favorite GNR song is Nightrain” - not sure where that came from lol, but I like his taste.

Yea her favorite song is scom,  and she bought a tshirt w the gnr sheild logo and ripped jeans w chains hanging down and dr Martins w roses on them...next she wants a Jean jacket w a back patch

jimmythegent wrote:

Thinking of taking my daughter who will be 11 and a half, and son who will be 10z

Too young ?

Depends how liberal you are i suppose, lol...that kind of stuff never bothered us...my 13yo just kinda stumbled onto it herself listening to spotify...i have one kid who likes classical and pop...the other is a rocker

Back to OT....i just cant see live shows happening any time soon in the current world state....

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Your daughter sounds like a cool little rocker. It’s funny my 8 year old daughter is turning into a rock chick. She loves her black boots with a denim skirt and a Metallica shirt she came home with recently from a shopping trip with mum. She was very proud to show me when she bought that ?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Is anybody else not disturbed by how pathetic it is that they still have to use AFD imagery in advertising for a tour....unbelievable. 2

I've been bitching about it for literally 20 years....

Neemo, when did you have another kid? I remember your daughter back then. Time is just slipping away.

I like these stories of kids becoming rockers. Our culture really needs to go back to this on a larger scale.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Lol James...my 2nd daughter was born in 2007

You guys know its crazy that we have been posting on gnr forums for nearly 20 years!? ... my 1st daughter is old enough to get her drivers license now, she is in grade 11

How come Axl didn't release a 20th anniversary remix of OMG?

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I’m hoping we get the new album we would have got this year, next year prior to these shows...

I think I’ll go to both NZ shows - I’m not getting any younger and neither are GN’R.

Seen em twice - once in 2007 and in 2017. 2007 for me doesn’t really count so for a lifelong GN’R fan I feel I need a few more shows under my belt. New album or not, I’ll be sure to enjoy

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

It will be interesting to see if uncle Axl has got himself in shape this year - could have been a great opportunity to re-emerge fighting fit

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Neemo wrote:

Back to OT....i just cant see live shows happening any time soon in the current world state....

Well, there are two vaccines with 90%+ effectiveness currently being fast-tracked through trials, and it's likely that the elderly and vulnerable will start getting doses before the end of the year. For the rest of us, we'll likely have the vaccine by the middle of next year. So a touring cycle in late 2021 makes complete sense to me.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

COVID hangover + the timing of these dates is not positive for an album release.

Maybe in 2022. 16

Sky Dog wrote:

Not 2022, Slash has a Snakepit Reunion Tour planned for that year....maybe 2023.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Not 2022, Slash has a Snakepit Reunion Tour planned for that year....maybe 2023.

lol damn

Board footer