You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: NFL 2019

bigbri wrote:

Bears on the verge of falling apart with the QB-coach divide.

Gallealonso
 Rep: 0 

Gallealonso wrote:

Yes, it really is!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I watched this last night before going to bed..

Holy shit...has anyone else here watched this since it happened?

This game is a disaster. Much worse looking back on it. I now think it's worse than the previous year's Bills-Cowboys matchup...which was a colossal blowout.

The first half is a mind fuck. I will give credit where it's due....Coach Levy and Kelly coming up with a different strategy and changing the dynamics of your offense was technically brilliant and sounds like a great idea.....

On paper.

Had it been against anyone but Jimmy Johnson and the Cowboys, it might have worked.

Turning the high scoring, "K Gun" offense into something reminiscent of 1960s old school, grind it out football makes little sense.

It quickly dawns on you while watching it....they're afraid of turning the ball over. Bills had NINE turnovers in the previous Superbowl.

The first half is nothing but 2-3 yard runs and 4-5 yard passes. Kelly went long once(incompletion). Kelly has good stats at this point...but they're running in place.

I gotta hand it to the Bills defense. Out of their four Superbowls, this is the best two quarters of football they ever played.

They want to win this one. They know it's the last. Dallas just can't get a rhythm going.

Halftime score...

Buffalo 13
Dallas 6

What happens next completely blew my mind. I don't remember it like this and I wonder if I even watched the whole game back then. I might have been doing something and just checked in from time to time.

Anyways....

Literally within seconds of the start of the second half, the Bills suffer a total collapse. The collapse is unprecedented in scope. I've never seen anything like it before or since.

Thomas fumbles the football and Dallas runs it in for a TD. Thomas is cussing as he walks off the field. He continues to rant, rave, and cuss walking back and forth on the sidelines.

The rest of the game is spent having a tantrum and him hanging his head down obviously crying. He barely plays in the rest of the game and Kenneth Davis has to pick up the slack.

He totally killed the vibe. He should've been ashamed of himself. He also should've been told to go back to the locker room.

The Bills just gave up.

They never recover. The Bills stick to running and 5 yard passes...which isn't getting the job done. In the second half, the infamous "K Gun" offense goes long once(incompletion).

Final score

Dallas 30
Buffalo 13

In hindsight I wish that the Bills had lost the AFC championship game to the Chiefs so Montana could've had one more Superbowl.

I read an article years ago about the 90s Bills being the most overrated team in history. I wouldn't go that far but I'm starting to lean towards that side of the fence.

They were a great team but they were clearly missing something. I think a better coach could've gotten a ring out of these guys. They clearly lacked discipline...the Thomas temper tantrum a great example.

A better coach would also realize when Kelly isn't getting it done and pull him out before the game gets out of hand.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Evo vs HTGTH Fantasy Champ! Never in doubt despite making the playoffs with a sub .500 record and facing the 4,1,2 seeds! Had it all the way!

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

I haven't watched other teams to have a truly informed opinion but

AFC: Bills or Chiefs
NFC: Bucs or Packers

I hope the Packers can somehow get Aaron a second Lombardi but the AFC seems to have them outmatched.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I hope the Packers can somehow get Aaron a second Lombardi but the AFC seems to have them outmatched.

Pretty good assessment. Don't rule out Saints/Brees, they could do some damage but hard to argue against Brady in the playoffs.  Derrick Henry has been incredible, could be a force and yeah overall the AFC has the better teams.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Pretty good assessment. Don't rule out Saints/Brees, they could do some damage but hard to argue against Brady in the playoffs.  Derrick Henry has been incredible, could be a force and yeah overall the AFC has the better teams.

Very true, lots of experience between Peyton and Brees.

I do count him out a little because the deep ball looks to be gone from his arsenal and because of the rib injury.

I expect them to get past Chicago because lol Trubisky but their entire running back corps possibly being out is something to watch.

If the Colts had better coaching and didn’t draw Buffalo, I’d consider them the dark horse pick. Great lines on both sides of the ball, a workhorse RB, and a vet QB.

We’ll see. I just hope for some good games.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, although I think Frank Reichs a good coach, he's only in his 2nd year I think and last year lost Luck unexpectedly. I dunno where Brees stands on the injury, gotta be painful but he's had several weeks off so wasn't sure if he'd be fresh or what. I think this may be Rivers final year, I'm guessing he knows his body just can't do it anymore, ashame I always respected his fierce competitiveness and he was underrated his years in small market San Diego. I'm guessing Indy trades for Carson Wentz and the only team that'd make sense for Rivers imho is Washington, to bring in an extra veteran and look for a QB down the line, but a win-now mentality for next year. Not sure Rivers wants to pick up & move again, its gotta kinda suck being a bit of a journeyman lifestyle when your older, prolly has kids & family and just wants to retire. That or await an injury to a team next year mid-season and join then.

James

James wrote:

Bears stumbled backwards into the playoffs.

It's one and done. It ends in New Orleans.

I want a mass firing of the entire coaching staff. It's time to rebuild. In today's NFL of parity, you can go from rebuilding mode to Superbowl champs in about 3 seasons...2 if you're lucky.

The playoffs are wide open. Literally anyone can take it. We'll see several upsets.

My predictions....

Colts vs Bills

Colts drew the shortest straw. Bills win in a blowout.

Rams vs Seahawks

Rams win in a shootout.

Bucs vs Redskins

Redskins shouldn't even be in. This scenario highlights why the NFL playoffs need to be overhauled. A losing team should NOT be in the playoffs...and definitely shouldn't be hosting a game.

Teams with the top records should get in... regardless of divisions.

Bucs in a blowout.

Ravens vs Titans

I'd like the Ravens to win but I don't think it's happening.

Titans in a close game.

Bears vs Saints

Saints in a blowout

Browns vs Steelers

Browns win in the big upset this weekend.

James

James wrote:

Colts vs Bills

Colts drew the shortest straw. Bills win in a blowout.

It's not a blowout (yet) obviously. The Colts going for it on 4th down at the 1 while leading 10-7 was a crucial mistake that may bite them   on the ass. Can't do stupid and risky shit like that in a big game. They had the momentum and that shifted it to the Bills.

Board footer