You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Merry Christmas 2020 and Happy New Year 2021

AtariLegend wrote:

To in no particular order PaSnow, monkeychow, Jameslofton29, Sky Dog, BLS-Pride, Neemo, slashsfro, bigbri, imsorry, Flashflood, slcpunk, Aussie, apex-twin, sp1at, metallex78, yamcha and even Wagzilla along with whomever I'm forgetting here's till the end of 2020 5.

The most miserable year of the century is almost over.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Same to you Atari...we had to cancel our christmas andbnew years plans last night due to our govt lockdown ... it will be nice to see some normality return to our world

I havent seen my parents in 6 months...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Thanks!

Merry Christmas to everyone and here's hoping next year is less brutal for everyone!

I feel for you neemo about the parents, I did 17 weeks of lockdown or something earlier in the year and one of the hardest parts was not being able to go visit my mum.

Another thing I found challenging was an evening curfew they put us under. I don't tend to go out all that often at night due to advancing age and boringness anyway but psychologically it makes a real difference knowing it's illegal to even go for a walk or something in the eventing. Just messes with your head a bit when you've always lived a certain way. I'm happy some of that is over here and hope it's not too long until life can get back on track where you guys are too.

Anyways Merry Christmas to all!

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Best wishes, All.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Merry Xmas all and best wishes.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Man...I just can't get into the holidays anymore. It's been like that for years but it's at an all-time low.

It doesn't feel like it anymore. Lack of decorations in towns, rarely hear Christmas songs, and a lack of spirit in general.

I went to the family dinner. It was good but I wasn't the only holiday cynic. Hell...it hasn't been the same since my grandma died.

I hate getting gifts. Don't bother. I used to get gifts but my 20 year holiday malaise finally achieved its objective....I don't get em anymore.

I remember when I was a kid, my dad said he didn't like getting gifts. Even during our amazing Christmases when there'd be mountains of presents and overflowing stockings he wouldn't care. Back then I thought he was crazy....

Now I understand.

New Years?!? Haven't been to a NYE party in eons.

I did get to play that Cyberpunk game on Christmas. It's pretty good.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I don't tend to go out all that often at night due to advancing age and boringness anyway but psychologically it makes a real difference knowing it's illegal to even go for a walk or something in the eventing. Just messes with your head a bit when you've always lived a certain way.

I agree with this 100%.  I don't really 'go out' anymore, however, just having the option is nice. Or, maybe step out with friends or a happy hour once every 2 or 3 months. Also, since there's nothing to do, I barely call or hear from friends much, just reading FB timelines is like my new social norm. Its been a tough year. I was exercising a good amount, running & biking, until around November mostly got too cold to do it very much.

Thanks tho for the wishes, and best of the new year to you & everyone here!

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

happy holidays and happy new year everyone!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all the cunts that forgot me.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Buh-bye 2020 ... get fucked

Board footer