You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Banning Trump from social media does not deprive him of anything. All he has to do is call a news conference, step up to the podium, talk and take questions, and every network would air it.

He's the most powerful man in the world with millions of followers obsessed with him and a media that salivates to cover him.

This crap where people pretend he's been silenced and can't get through to his base is almost beyond words.

What's he going to do if he truly is silenced after the 20th?

Yes he now has obstacles to communicating...for very good reason...but he can still run his mouth.

Start a new website, radio address, speak from the White House, call Fox News like he's done a bunch of times, list goes on and on and on.

King Pussy constantly has to play the victim and his base continually indulges him.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Rep. Jim Banks, who said he was going to object to the certification of  AZ...which is what was going on when the attack occurred...wasn't in the Capitol to object.

Where was he?

Conveniently across the street filming the attack.

Before it's all over we're going to find out that several senators and representatives were in on the coup attempt.

Bat shit crazy.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

The question to me then becomes what counts as inciting violence.

Would a Trump/Q obsessed congresswoman tweeting Pelosi's location in the Capitol to the rioters count?

How about Cruz announcing he's leading the charge as the charge gets underway and a cop's getting beat to death?

Giuliani announcing minutes before the chaos that he wants trial by combat?

Trump ranting and raving about marching to the Capitol, specifically calling out his own vice president ,who immediately becomes a target and rioters are looking for him to hang him?

At what point are people willing to call a spade a spade?

Trump was right about his base....he said years ago he could murder someone in front of them and they'd still support him. That was a roundabout way of Trump saying his base is dumber than dogshit.

We almost had a decapitation strike on our VP and Congress and this corrupt, cowardly piece of shit still has people defending him.

For fucks sake....A bomb was placed outside each party's headquarters.

It's time for people to stop acting like this was a walk in the park and Trump was just innocently tiptoeing through the tulips.

It's scary that I don't know which one of those examples you posted is the worst.  This goes beyond disagreements with policy or ideology.  When you have some loon talking about putting a bullet through a leader in the House, that goes beyond this stuff. 

And they got really close too, to the Senate if it weren't for some brave Capitol police officer who directed them away from the door to the chambers.

And you can be brutally honest and say what it is: he was the instigator of this act of terror brought upon the US this past Wednesday.  And that's what it was an act of terror.  Look at the images and read the stories that have come out the past few days.
And for what?  Just because he couldn't stand that he lost.  And he himself was the biggest reason why.

That is pretty funny.  Trump, the most powerful man in the US suddenly can't find an outlet to speak or communicate.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
James wrote:

To the people complaining about social media censorship....

Guns
Incendiary devices
Pipe bombs
Zip ties
Knives

Were brought to the Capitol. The fact that all these weapons did not get inside the Capitol building or used is beside the point.

Social media was used to get the message out and assemble all these people.

We had Trump calling his VP a coward which instantly put a target on his back,  Cruz sending out messages he was "leading the charge", and Giuliani wanting "trial by combat". The cherry on top of this shit sundae is the fundraising taking place simultaneously.

Five people died.

I don't believe there's a single person in the world not smart enough to know why these people are being shut down and censored.

Bad faith arguments and faux outrage are being pushed everywhere to deflect, distract, and change the narrative into just another round of standard, run of the mill red/blue trench warfare.

This is serious shit that could've plunged this country into a nightmare but thanks to clown world, an issue that should've easily united everyone must be used to divide.

Only thing that shows there's even a shred of hope for this country is that the polls show that a majority were sickened by this and want him gone.

Staying on point.

This all day long.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James wrote:

Giuliani announcing minutes before the chaos that he wants trial by combat?

This the kinda thing I'm talking about though.

I found his remarks to see what that's about as a few people have mentioned it various places.

He said that it's a contest - if he loses than he destroys his reputation and if they lose then they go to jail and to bring it on it's trial by combat. It's obviously a metaphor when you look at the context.

It's hyperbolic for him to use it in the first place, but it's just as hyperbolic now after a riot for people to suggest it's a legitimate call to arms.

If someone listened to that 3 min speech about how he can prove fraud and is willing to bet his whole legal reputation on it - and decided to bring weapons to washington then it's because they are unbalanced and have issues.

I honestly don't see how we can start regulating normal speech to remove the possibility that some phrase sets off some fringe psychos.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

It’s peculiar to me that you all voluntarily sign up for these social media platforms and then complain about the rules they implement.

All this attention on them and their policies gives them even more power.

Personally, i think it’s all stupid and far too many people think they have something to say but they really don’t have anything to say at all. I see women promoting their onlyfans accounts more than anything these days.

Americans are so stupid and they demand social platforms to put it all on display.

Despite all the shit, and I def don't spend much time there anymore, I've found very good independent news sources/journalists outside CNN,MSNBC, FOX and legacy media... That's probably done now. If you have that much disdain for Americans, why even bother bitching about politics? Btw, in the future, that statement could cost you your livelihood and business. I would worry about censorship.

I honestly don't follow anyone with an onlyfans account so your're probably having more fun than I am.

misterID

misterID wrote:
James wrote:

To the people complaining about social media censorship....

Guns
Incendiary devices
Pipe bombs
Zip ties
Knives

Were brought to the Capitol. The fact that all these weapons did not get inside the Capitol building or used is beside the point.

Social media was used to get the message out and assemble all these people.

We had Trump calling his VP a coward which instantly put a target on his back,  Cruz sending out messages he was "leading the charge", and Giuliani wanting "trial by combat". The cherry on top of this shit sundae is the fundraising taking place simultaneously.

Five people died.

I don't believe there's a single person in the world not smart enough to know why these people are being shut down and censored.

Bad faith arguments and faux outrage are being pushed everywhere to deflect, distract, and change the narrative into just another round of standard, run of the mill red/blue trench warfare.

This is serious shit that could've plunged this country into a nightmare but thanks to clown world, an issue that should've easily united everyone must be used to divide.

Only thing that shows there's even a shred of hope for this country is that the polls show that a majority were sickened by this and want him gone.

Again, assembling groups for strikes like antifa, white supremacists and BLM have done for four years is not protected speech, and not at all what I'm talking about. Sara Palin saying she was "targeting" rhinos did not mean she was looking to execute them back in 06, she was talking about primaries. The media twisted her words, now we're talking about people and companies being removed or prevented from being accessed by Google, Twitter and Facebook over political thought (which has been happening for years if you haven't been paying attention) and now we're supposed to look at the friggin media and big tech as honest brokers who make these decisions on our behalf? This intentional lack of context is what's dangerous.

Censoring Trump is all fun now, I have no problem deleting overtly inflammatory remarks, but silencing things you don't want to hear for everyone elses own good is not okay. Big tech is already collecting your information. This is going to be fun seeing where this goes now. The crazies will always be here. Getting rid of Trump's Twitter won't do anything.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I think I we should really consider banning any videos of police brutality being shared online. Nothing has caused more death, destruction and harm than those videos being shared. People don't wait for the facts to be found out, they see a clip, get angry and riot. Antagonists are using them deliberately to start riots and loot. People do not have the ability to process these images. The George Floyd video caused more death and destruction than Trump's Twitter ever has. It has to stop.

This isn't just about censoring a moronic president or *just* a twitter account, you're willingly giving power to people to decide what you should see and hear. This is Jerry Falwells wet dream, censorship under the guise of morality and safety, and everything I fought against in the 90's. Nope, not letting this go.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Banning Trump from social media does not deprive him of anything. All he has to do is call a news conference, step up to the podium, talk and take questions, and every network would air it.

Only Fox would air it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

ID, Monkey, and myself seem to be on the same page. You guys to know that the CIA uses social media to find actual terrorists and that is why we let them have accounts. Much easier to track these loons when they post shit on Parler vs under ground where they become even more radical.

Board footer