You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Current Events Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Her statement would be a whole lot better if she looked at the time line and realized the people that breached the Capitol were not the folks at his rally.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

SG, Not sure why you’re obsessed with the timeline. Rallies were planned all day, the main rally called the “wild rally” is in direct reference to a tweet from Trump in December.

Among the first people at the Capital was a group or orange-hatted Proud Boys.

You keep saying they wouldn’t have time to listen to Trump then walk to the Capital. They didn’t. They left as soon as he mentioned the Capital.

There also was ample time to plant the RNC bomb. We’ll find out who it was eventually, could have been someone affiliated with the far right or left.

[/embed]

I just say that because many point to that speech saying it was in that speech that he incited the riot. What you say may be true, but that also takes away some that it was "that" speech that motivated breach.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I tend to go with whichever idea seems the least far fetched.

It's not impossible that there's paid actors and professional agitators and so on, but it doesn't seem as likely to me as the idea that out of the trump supporters - a small proportion are a violent psychos.

Likewise with the left...you have a handful of people who will gladly light a fire when they get a chance to.

So I have no issue with it being trumps people that did it - the problem becomes that the trump speech did not actually say to do it.

So if we're going to ban speeches that don't tell people to do stuff, but that violent extremists can use as justification for their actions - then you're going to have to start banning all kinds of genuine political discourse.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

One of my biggest concerns over the last 4 years has been how much the mainstream media has tried to drive and shape the anti Trump narrative.

As an outsider I didn’t give a fuck who was in the White House, but I was sick to death of turning on the TV and just hearing non stop Trump TMZ bullshit. Much of the sensational stuff was utter garbage, like “Melanie refused to hold his hand” or “an insider close to the administration” blah blah blah. It was incessant. It truly seemed to me like totally butt hurt journalists who completely misread the election 4 years ago. They just couldn’t stand the fact that the man got elected in and that so many people clearly had a different view of the world to them.

It seemed like objective reporting then went out the window and at every opportunity they sought to denigrate the man. Admittedly he was an easy target and gave them tonnes of ammunition and often what he copped was well deserved.

But it never sat well with me that we had such powerful organsisations and mainstream media truly trying to shape the narrative around him and it just amped up the more his term went on and the closer to the election it got.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I've enjoyed monkey's posts, too, just to echo Aussie. Let's not make things personal.

With how much people concentrated on Florida during this epdemic, it seems the media has totally ignored how awful New York has handled this. They were treating Cuomo like a God... And I never understood it. He's been terrible, if not the worst governor in the crisis. Shouldn't it be bigger news New York is throwing away vaccines?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I've enjoyed monkey's posts, too, just to echo Aussie. Let's not make things personal.

With how much people concentrated on Florida during this epdemic, it seems the media has totally ignored how awful New York has handled this. They were treating Cuomo like a God... And I never understood it. He's been terrible, if not the worst governor in the crisis. Shouldn't it be bigger news New York is throwing away vaccines?

I disagree about my New York if you take into consideration some context.

The city of New York is a hub for world travel perhaps like no other city on the planet. It was hit first and it was hit hardest.

I’d argue the other states who had much more time to prepare and still did nothing rank at the bottom of this list.

The Wisconsins of this country did a bottom of the barrel job and still are. You have state legislatures more concerned about finding which powers they can take from the governor in many states over 2020 than legislation that actually accomplished anything.

Your criticism of NY seems sensational as anything to me.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I disagree about my New York if you take into consideration some context.

The city of New York is a hub for world travel perhaps like no other city on the planet. It was hit first and it was hit hardest.

I’d argue the other states who had much more time to prepare and still did nothing rank at the bottom of this list.

The Wisconsins of this country did a bottom of the barrel job and still are. You have state legislatures more concerned about finding which powers they can take from the governor in many states over 2020 than legislation that actually accomplished anything.

Your criticism of NY seems sensational as anything to me.

Really? I would put Florida above New York in terms of international tourism, and Cuomo never received the scrutiny DeSantis did. New York is responsible for when Florida had its spikes as Cuomo allowed New Yorkers to travel to Florida until they were banned (they were catching covid infected people on planes from NY, and he still wouldn't stop it). The number of deaths in nursing homes were because of his decisions, he was criticizing bans against New York travelers and then implemented them himself. Criticizing Florida for opening businesses because of the economy only to turn around do it himself.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

[/embed]
You don't see a line between that, and this:

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I wonder how it went?

Ring ring, ring ring, ring ring,
Buzz - hello
Rf - hi buzz its me
Buzz - oh hi hun, how ya been?
Rf - eh good, listen I'm gonna post on gnr today, but last time everyone disagreed with me and noone backed me up. Would you come on with me?
Buzz - of course man anything for you.
Rf - awe that's great. Listen come up with a good excuse because if we happen to turn up on the same day (same 10mins) it will be too obvious.
Buzz - don't worry I got this, I have an awesome excuse.....

LOL - you're so full of shit you stink.

I talked to SG before I came in and told him my purpose for logging in today.  I've never had any conversation with RF outside of laughing at you guys in these threads.

You're literally getting told how fucked up you are by people that haven't been in this thread and you still come at us like we're the problem.  What a bunch of fucking pussies.

You want to show me where I was literally told how fucked up I am by people that haven't been in this thread? I mean I'm sure you can backup what you say.

Atleast you have a sense of humour and found my post funny. That was my intention.

Monkey and Aussie.  Did you even read their posts?

Board footer