You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: NFL 2019

mitchejw wrote:

The biggest problem is that the Bears make enormous profits whether they're good or not and that's good enough for the bean counter owners who have led this franchise into the ditch for a quarter century.

I keep thinking you have to bring Trubisky (Trub is what my friends and I call him) then too because why not? It's not like you have any better options.

The defense gets another year older...and the offense stays the same; shitty.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Here's a great Bears take:

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A … Ds9k6-LrEA

If you only watch one thing out of this seven minutes, watch starting at 3:39 for about a minute and a half.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I keep thinking you have to bring Trubisky (Trub is what my friends and I call him) then too because why not? It's not like you have any better options.

No, they can't bring him back.  Other options:  draft a qb in Round 1, Jameis Winston, Cam Newton (in fairness he sucked), maybe trade for Sam Darnold.  The best vet option for them might be Stafford from Detroit if they feel like trading him, but there's no chance in hell they are trading him to CHI.

Oh, Garapolo for SF might get cut, there's another guy.

Honestly, they just need to b ite the bullet and pick another qb in round 1.  Also Chuck Pagano has retired.  Defense might take a hit a little.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

No, they can't bring him back.  Other options:  draft a qb in Round 1, Jameis Winston, Cam Newton (in fairness he sucked), maybe trade for Sam Darnold.  The best vet option for them might be Stafford from Detroit if they feel like trading him, but there's no chance in hell they are trading him to CHI.

Oh, Garapolo for SF might get cut, there's another guy.

Honestly, they just need to b ite the bullet and pick another qb in round 1.  Also Chuck Pagano has retired.  Defense might take a hit a little.

That's funny about Pagano because the rationale around here is that he was the problem and that he's not really retiring he's actually being let go but they're allowing him to save face and call it retirement.

It's all a shit show. Quite frankly Trubisky is the best option of all those.

Why would they let the GM who has struck out on more than one occasion pick another QB in the first round. Did you know that our GM never even considered Mahomes or Watson that year? He traded up one pick...lost a ton of draft capital in the process and picked Trubisky without any serious scouting of the other first round QBs.

You want that guy to pick again?

slashsfro

slashsfro wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Why would they let the GM who has struck out on more than one occasion pick another QB in the first round. Did you know that our GM never even considered Mahomes or Watson that year? He traded up one pick...lost a ton of draft capital in the process and picked Trubisky without any serious scouting of the other first round QBs.

Yeah, but this isn't because I support Pace (or Nagy).  I'm a Titans fan and I saw three draft franchise busts with 3 top 10 picks. And you know why they did it?  The NFL now revolves around the qb.  If you don't have one, you're pretty much screwed. So they have to keep on trying to find one.  And no, Trubisky is not the answer.  If you bring him back, basically you're going to be stuck in 9-10 win purgatory at best.  A lot of this is luck too.  I mean if the QB is a franchise qb, he'll overcome whatever shitshow and at worst show/demonstarte qb skills that you can build around.  Case in point:  Herbert from LAC.  Coaching staff was awful yet he broke several rookie records while throwing to backup level WR for some games.

I forgot about this but the only "positive" about bringing these clowns back increases the chance of them bottoming out and finishing with an awful record and more or less forcing McCasky  do a total flush and house cleaning of the organization.  And obviously,better draft positioning to get a qb.

You follow the Bears, right?  Is it more or less an open secret that the Northwestern Coach, Pat Fitzgerald (shit I'm getting old, remember watching him play in college in the 90s) is really interested in that job?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Yeah, but this isn't because I support Pace (or Nagy).  I'm a Titans fan and I saw three draft franchise busts with 3 top 10 picks. And you know why they did it?  The NFL now revolves around the qb.  If you don't have one, you're pretty much screwed. So they have to keep on trying to find one.  And no, Trubisky is not the answer.  If you bring him back, basically you're going to be stuck in 9-10 win purgatory at best.  A lot of this is luck too.  I mean if the QB is a franchise qb, he'll overcome whatever shitshow and at worst show/demonstarte qb skills that you can build around.  Case in point:  Herbert from LAC.  Coaching staff was awful yet he broke several rookie records while throwing to backup level WR for some games.

I forgot about this but the only "positive" about bringing these clowns back increases the chance of them bottoming out and finishing with an awful record and more or less forcing McCasky  do a total flush and house cleaning of the organization.  And obviously,better draft positioning to get a qb.

You follow the Bears, right?  Is it more or less an open secret that the Northwestern Coach, Pat Fitzgerald (shit I'm getting old, remember watching him play in college in the 90s) is really interested in that job?

He's publicly stated that the only other job he'd be interested in is the Bears HC. I'm not thrilled about it though...it's another good ol' boys pick. What are his qualifications? He's local, I guess.

Chicago is a strange town because it doesn't give a shit about college football. Northwestern is basically considered an ivy league school and the blue collar nature of this city just doesn't get behind it.

Tangent- I have learned that the HC doesn't actually do that much during the game. His responsibilities are small in number but very important big picture game strategy decisions.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Trubisky is not the answer. I don't know what the answer is but it's not him.

Best case scenario is finding the right veteran QB, it gels perfectly, and they can ride him into the playoffs. As long as you can get to the playoffs, anything can happen.

Unfortunately I think they're burnt toast until the coaching staff is flushed.

Like I said a few pages ago, the Bears morphed into the Lions of the 90s-00s.

slashsfro

slashsfro wrote:

2021 is going to be a waste for the Bears.  They are going to fire Pace and Nagy and then you'll wonder why they didn't do it now instead of delaying the inevitable.

Big picture though, you gotta wonder whether or not this duo can build a consistent winner long term.  If not, you're just wasting more years of Eddie Jackson, and Khalil Mack's prime.

I think Allen Robinson's probably gone too.  In his NFL career he's had Blake Bortles and the Bears' qb's to catch passes from.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Packers offense looks dominant. I hope they win the Super Bowl and immediately fire DC Mike Pettine.

Good job Bills. At least looks like they’ll win up 17-3 and Lamar is concussed.

Go Browns. Go Saints.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

They were good games yesterday.  Ravens backup game in a did ok it seemed, only, he had that bomb clear TD that he just overthrew by about 2 yards, devastating. He bounced back tho. Bills are a good team, great for the city/area.

Board footer