You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: New Radicals to reunite for Biden inauguration

James wrote:

Hard to believe this is actually happening. I really hope he enjoys it to the point he's willing to do one tour. Most people back then missed out on seeing them because he broke them up right when they got popular.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

James, I was just going to post this. So cool!

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Always found the “courtney love and marilyn manson” line from You Get What You Give insanely cringeworthy but the song was catchy. Just saved the album on Spotify after James’ constant endorsements so I’ll give it a whirl.

James

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Always found the “courtney love and marilyn manson” line from You Get What You Give insanely cringeworthy but the song was catchy.

That was the point. He included that to see if the press would just focus on the celeb stuff while ignoring the rest of the song.

He was right....but I agree....it's totally unnecessary.

I hope this didn't happen yet. I just got home.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Ugh... annoying one hit wonders. Hated that song back then when it first came out, and still hate it now cool

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

The band might have been one-hit wonders but the album is pure pop perfection. The singer went on to write and produce for tons of artists and won a Grammy.

Here’s their performance, minus the last verse where he called out other singers. He still sounds good. Better than Axl.

James

James wrote:

It's weird seeing him that old. Yikes.

Yeah it's a serviceable performance. He could take it on the road if he wanted to.

It's too bad they only did the one song. A 2-3 song set would've been nice.

At least it happened.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
James wrote:

Yeah it's a serviceable performance. He could take it on the road if he wanted to.

At least it happened.

LOL! Time comes for us all James. Time is undefeated.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Always found the “courtney love and marilyn manson” line from You Get What You Give insanely cringeworthy but the song was catchy. Just saved the album on Spotify after James’ constant endorsements so I’ll give it a whirl.

I was meaning to post this a few weeks back in this thread, it's possible that line torpedo'd his bands career. Yeah he got away with a surprise hit, but if the album is as good as you guys say it to be, its very possible MM & Courtney Love refused to do future TRL or MTV interviews etc at the time (98-99) which, they were at the top of the charts back then for the most part.

The band Pavement had a line '
Out on tour, with the Smashing Pumpkins,
nature kids, but they don't serve no function
I don't really understand, what they mean
& I could really give a fuck'

and I read recently where Billy Corgan kept them off Lollapalooza 94 as a result. They stayed a popular indie band but never achieved radio success after that song (Range Life, I think). They also sorta bash STP
Stone Temple Pilots, they're elegant bastards
Are they foxy to you, I will agree
that I don't know what they mean
and I could really, give a fuck.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
James wrote:

At least it happened.

lol, I agree with BigBri, also tho, this all probably came up quick, might not have had much time to get in shape. Just a mid-40s dude who had a few too many beers in his life. Unlike Jlo Gaga etc who have fitness routines personal trainers, and dieticians for months leading up to it.

Board footer